The 2018 City budget included a one-time budget of $500,000 to fund local, community-based projects that increase energy literacy, encourage behavioural changes, pilot emerging technologies, and/or enable innovative approaches to energy conservation and efficiency or renewable energy generation.
The following eight (8) community projects were selected through an application process:
- Co-operative Housing Association of Eastern Ontario’s CHASEO Energy Upgrade Program
- Glebe Community Association – Environment Committee’s Glebe Community Centre Energy and Carbon Reduction Project
- Gloucester Housing Corporation’s Air Source Heat Pump and Thermal Storage Implementation for Achieving a Net-Zero Community
- Hydro Ottawa’s Citizen Energy Market Engagement Project
- Ottawa Community Housing Corporation’s Tenant Energy Engagement Project
- RA Centre’s Helping Ottawa Be Physically Active While Reducing Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- Relay Education’s Ottawa Kids’ World of Energy
- Sustainable Eastern Ontario Network’s Energy Cube
Successful applicants have until August 2020 to complete their projects.
Should you have any questions regarding the program, please contact:
613-580-2424, ext. 27914