- The highest number of residents with a post-secondary education in Canada
- A bilingual rate of 44 per cent
- A high percentage of people who speak multiple international languages
- A young, entrepreneurial workforce
- More engineers, scientists and PhDs per capita than any other city in the country
In fact, the city continues to attract the best and brightest from all parts of the globe.
These are great assets for businesses looking to establish themselves in an area where a multilingual workforce is easily available to serve customers worldwide.
In recent years, all sectors of the community have banded together to strengthen educational opportunities and interactions between academic institutions and businesses. The goal is to create a community that continually shapes its workforce — providing learning opportunities that start at kindergarten and continue through to the post-secondary level.