Personal Data Overview
- Your profile is your online resume. Anytime you apply for a job, your application is automatically updated with your personal data. As a City of Ottawa employee, your personal data is automatically filled in with information you provided to HR or updated in your profile/resume. .
- Ensure the email address you indicate is your preferred email for all communications regarding your profile/resume or applications you submit.
- Ensure you indicate which phone number is your preferred contact number in case we need to contact you regarding an application you submit.
All information is autosaved, once complete click “Next Step” to continue.
How to use eRecruitment
Moving between Steps of Building your Online Resume
- You can advance between stages of building your online resume by one of two ways:
- Selecting the step you wish to advance to, for example Education or Training, OR
- Using the Next Step or Previous Step button found above and below the page content.
- Your browser’s back or forward button will not work – please use the navigation described above.
Moving between Fields
- To move between fields, for example, the “First Name” and “Middle Name” Field, use the tab button on your keyboard.
Previewing your Profile/Resume
- At any stage of building your Profile/Resume, you can click on the Preview step and view your resume and any attachments.
- To continue to edit your Profile/Resume, click on the step you were working in prior to previewing your Profile/Resume, or click Previous Step.
- To ensure safety of your information your session will terminate after 30 minutes of inactivity.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I change my personal information?
- Personal Information can be changed anytime. Simply return to the Personal Data step and update your information.
What will you use my contact information for?
- Your preferred phone number (or the alternate phone numbers provide if you are unreachable at the preferred number) and email will be used to communicate with you if you progress within a competition you apply for.