This site uses JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript in your Browser and reload the page to view the full site.

Previous Winners

2014 to 2016 Award Winners

Restoration (Large-Scale), Award of Excellence
The Wellington Building
180 Wellington Street

This award recognizes the extensive restoration, repair and adaptive re-use of 180 Wellington Street to accommodate committee rooms and offices for the House of Commons. The restoration of key elements such as the mosaic ceiling, marble-clad lobbies and historic stairs celebrates the historical character of the building.

Wellington Building

Restoration (Large-Scale), Award of Merit, Sculptural Elements
Supreme Court of Canada 
301 Wellington Street

This award recognizes the restoration of the flagpoles, torchères, light standards and sculptures in front of the Supreme Court of Canada. The restoration preserves the historic features of the site and celebrates the heritage value of the Supreme Court of Canada.

Supreme Court of Canada

Restoration (Small-scale), Award of Excellence 
Fréchette House
87 MacKay Street 

This award recognizes the successful restoration of exterior and interior elements of the 1877 Frechette House located in New Edinburgh after a devastating fire. The meticulous restoration acknowledges the historic value of the house and the heritage character of the neighbourhood. 

Maison Fréchette House

Restoration (Small-Scale), Award of Merit
Kipp House
144 Cathcart Street

This award recognizes the restoration of the front facade of the Kipp House (1876) in Lowertown using a historical photograph as evidence.

Kipp House

Adaptive Re-Use, Award of Excellence
Sir John A. Macdonald Building
144 Wellington Street

This award recognizes the restoration of the former Bank of Montreal, a Beaux-Arts building, which was transformed into a conference facility for the House of Commons. The building’s significant heritage attributes served as inspiration for the contemporary addition.

Sir John A. MacDonald Building

Adaptive Re-Use, Award of Merit
Alex Trebek Alumni Hall
155-157 Séraphin-Marion Private 

This award recognizes the restoration and adaptive re-use of two houses in Sandy Hill to create the University of Ottawa’s Alex Trebek Alumni Hall. The buildings’ exteriors were restored and a large front porch was reinstated, while the interior was made more functional for contemporary uses to comply with current accessibility requirements. The project maintains the historic streetscape.

Alex Trebek Alumni Hall

Addition, Award of Excellence
House of Commons
Parliament Hill

This award recognizes the addition of seating in the House of Commons to accommodate an increased number of Members of Parliament. The new seating was designed to match the existing and was accommodated within the seating configuration.

House of Commons

Infill, Award of Excellence
Ravenhill Common
450 Churchill Avenue

This award recognizes the infill project known as Ravenhill Common, which is sympathetic to and compatible with its surroundings, yet distinguishable as a contemporary work. The project highlights the Westboro United Church and the massing, materials and form of the townhouses ensures that the character of the streetscape is maintained.

Ravenhill Common