The City of Ottawa is undertaking the design work for localized sewer spot repairs to address structural deficiencies in the existing sewer infrastructure. The work is being conducted to replace/renew deficient sections in the existing sewer infrastructure.
The project limits include the following sixteen (16) sites:
- Site 1 – Tillsonburg Street (SAN59890) – From Guelph Private (Ward 4)
- Site 2 – Hickson Crescent (SAN25635) - From Morrison Drive (Ward 8)
- Site 3 – St. Andrew Street (SAN38996 - From King Edward Avenue (Ward 12)
- Site 4 – The Driveway (COM10738) - From Gilmour Street to Lewis Street (Ward 14)
- Site 5 – Pinhey Street (SAN37063) - From Ladouceur Street to Scott Street (Ward 15)
- Site 6 – Transitway (SAN45111) - From Hinchey Avenue to Carruthers Avenue (Ward 15)
- Site 7 – Stevenson Avenue (SAN27486) – From Carling Avenue to Crerar Avenue (Ward 16)
- Site 8 – Alta Vista Drive (SAN30109) – From Cluny Street to Balfour Avenue (Ward 18)
- Site 9 – Pleasant Park Road (SAN30435) - From Alta Vista Drive to Fairbanks Avenue (Ward 18)
- Site 10 – Ferland Street (SAN81208) - From Dead End (Ward 12)
- Site 11 – Carroll Court (STM14485) - From Larkin Drive (Ward 3)
- Site 12 – Ridgeview Drive (STM44504) - From Juanita Avenue (Ward 5)
- Site 13 – Iris Street (STM25292) - From Soderlind Street to Dempsey Avenue (Ward 8)
- Site 14 – Botsford Street (STM31056) – From Hastings Avenue to Dead End (Ward 18)
- Site 15 – Laval Street (STM35368) - From St. Charles Street to Marier Avenue (Ward 12)
- Site 16 – Bank Street (STM111482) - At 2646 Bank Street (Ward 10)
Design completion: spring 2021
Construction: tentatively scheduled to start in summer 2021
Approved project funds to date are $2,882,000.
Accessibility is an important consideration for the City of Ottawa. The City makes every effort to provide access through and around construction sites. If you require special accommodation, please contact the City Project Manager.
COVID-19 is an unprecedented situation and the City of Ottawa is committed to protecting people and the community. The Province of Ontario has allowed certain businesses and workplaces, including all municipal construction projects, to continue operations subject to compliance with strict public health and safety protocols. The City is working closely with the industry and complying with restrictions and recommendations provided by municipal, provincial and federal health officials, as well as the Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development.
For further information or to provide comments, please contact the City’s project manager.
For any emergency outside normal working hours on weekdays and weekends, call the City at 3-1-1.Should you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact:
City Project Manager
Kristin Smith, P. Eng.
Engineer, Infrastructure Projects
Design and Construction Municipal
100 Constellation Drive, Ottawa, ON K2G 6J8
Tel: 613-580-2424 ext. 12180