The City of Ottawa is undertaking the preliminary and detailed design for the renewal of infrastructure in the Brantwood Park area. Affected streets, all or portions thereof, include Onslow Crescent, Belgrave Road, Glengarry Road, Beckwith Road, Burnham Road, Letchworth Road and Elliot Avenue. The proposed work consists of the renewal of sewers, watermains and roadways, including sidewalks as detailed below:
- The streets within this area of Brantwood Park were originally serviced by combined sewers, circa 1920’s. Storm sewers were later installed between 1976 and 1981. Much of the original combined sewers remain as the sanitary sewers and are in need of replacement. Work includes all sanitary services from the main to the property line.
- The watermains within this area of Brantwood Park were also installed in the 1920’s and are in need of replacement. Work includes all water services from the main to the property line.
- Hydrant spacing for this area will be upgraded as required to meet current fire protection standards.
- Full road reinstatement, including the replacement of the existing sidewalks.
There are a variety of programs available to residents within the project area to facilitate improvement of their services from the property line to the house, specifically:
- Lead Pipe Replacement Program - This is a financing plan program offered to residents who have existing lead water service pipes.
- Residential Protective Plumbing Program - This is a grant program offered to residents within a flood prone neighbourhood.
Preliminary and detailed design: Fall 2016 – Winter 2017/2018
Design assignment completion: Spring 2018
Construction start: 2018 at the earliest
Project funds approved to date are $10.39 million.
A public information session is being held on June 26, 2017 to present the preliminary design drawings to the public. At this time, attendees will be able to review the design, ask questions and provide comment on the proposed works.
For further information or to provide comments, please contact the City’s project manager:
Julie Lyons, P.Eng.
Senior Engineer, Infrastructure Projects
Planning, Infrastructure and Economic Development Department
Design and Construction Municipal Branch
100 Constellation Drive, Sixth Floor West
Ottawa ON K2G 6J8
City of Ottawa
Tel: 613-580-2424 ext. 13343