The Contractor has Substantially Completed the project as of December 15, 2017. A summary of works completed is as follows:
- Intersection modifications at the following locations:
- Hunt Club Road at Riverside Drive (east leg of intersection)
- Prince of Wales Drive between Deakin Street and Hunt Club (northbound right turning lane onto Hunt Club Road at Hunt Club-Prince of Wales Drive intersection)
- Prince of Wales Drive between Blazer Avenue and Deakin Street (including improvements at the Deakin Street – Prince of Wales Drive intersection, as well as the Blazer Avenue – Prince of Wales Drive intersection)
- Prince of Wales Drive at Merivale Road intersection
- Amberwood Crescent and Prince of Wales Drive intersection: new signalized intersection
- Construction of multi-use pathway on south side of Deakin Street between Prince of Wales Drive and MacFarlane Road.
- Prince of Wales Drive at Fallowfield Road intersection
- Widening to permit painting of new southbound Prince of Wales Drive left-hand turn lane onto Wellsmere Court (painting to be completed in Spring 2018).
- Prince of Wales Drive Roadway Rehabilitation:
- Prince of Wales Drive from 480 m north of Strandherd Drive to Blazer Avenue has been completed, as well as from Deakin Street to Hunt Club Road – approximately 6 km.
- 2 m wide paved shoulders on both sides of Prince of Wales Drive have been paved
- Replacement of guiderails
- Rideau Glen Drive Roadway Rehabilitation
Prince of Wales Drive between Deakin Street and Blazer Avenue
- The Contractor will re-mobilize to the site in February 2018 to begin the extension of a culvert on the east side of Prince of Wales Drive, approximately 200 m south of Deakin Street.
- Following the culvert extension, the Contractor will be reconstructing the northbound lanes of Prince of Wales Drive within the ravine area (+/- 200m).
- In order to accommodate the work, traffic will be shifted to the existing southbound Prince of Wales Drive lanes.
- The final asphalt paving along Prince of Wales Drive, between Blazer Avenue and Deakin Street, is scheduled to be completed in June 2018.
- Landscaping reinstatement throughout the project limits is scheduled to be completed in Spring 2018, weather-permitting
Thank you for your patience and cooperation. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any questions or concerns.
Patrick Chamney, P.Eng.
Planning, Infrastructure and Economic Development Department
Design & Construction - Branch 2
City of Ottawa
100 Constellation Drive
Ottawa, ON K2G 5J9
Tel: 613-580-2424, ext. 28929