Pursuant to Section 88(9.1) of the Municipal Elections Act, 1996, financial statements as filed by candidates and registered third parties are being posted for public viewing.
- Campaign periods end on December 31, 2018, unless a candidate or registered third party has a deficit and notifies the Clerk in writing (Notice of Extension of Campaign Period - Form 6) that they require an extension (on or before this date).
- Every candidate and registered third party is required to submit a financial statement by 2 pm on March 29, 2019, regardless if they withdrew their nomination or extended their campaign.
- Any candidate or registered third party that has extended their campaign will be required to file a supplementary financial statement no later than 2 pm on September 27, 2019.
- If a financial statement or a request for an extension to campaign is not filed by a candidate, the candidate forfeits any office to which they were elected and is ineligible to be elected or appointed to any office to which the MEA applies until the next regular election has taken place.
- If a financial statement or a request for an extension to campaign is not filed by a registered third party, the individual, corporation or trade union is not entitled to register in relation to a subsequent election in the municipality until after the next regular election has taken place.
The format of the financial statements:
- Statements are available online in PDF format.
- The “Original PDF” is a copy of a financial statement that was filed with the Elections Office by the candidate or registered third party. This file is made available in the language in which the candidate or third party chose to submit their statement. If you wish to have the English version of a file that was submitted in French, please contact the Elections Office at 613-580-2660.
- The “Accessible PDF” is a transcribed version of the original PDF and not considered an official election record.
- Financial Statements are available in alternate formats or large print by contacting the Elections Office at 613-580-2660.