Financial support for individuals who need urgent help
Applications for Ontario Works are completed online or over the phone. To apply:
Go to the online application for Ontario Works
- Or call toll free 1-888-999-1142 Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 5 pm. Toll free TTY: 1-800-387-5559.
Applications for emergency assistance are completed online or over the phone. To apply:
- Go to the online application for emergency assistance
- Or call 3-1-1, select 1 for English, 4 for Social Services, then 3
Applications for Essential Health and Social Supports (EHSS) program are completed over the phone. To apply:
- Call 3-1-1, select 1 for English, 4 for Social Services, then 3
Ongoing Ontario Works clients - call us!
Starting June 7, all Employment and Social Service Offices will resume:
- In-person service, by appointment only, and
- Limited counter service from 9 am to 3 pm
- 370 Catherine Street
- 100 Constellation Drive
- 2020 Walkley Road
- 2339 Ogilvie Road
- For all other services, staff will continue to provide telephone or email support from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Monday to Friday.
- Call your case worker or call 3-1-1, select 1 for English, 4 for Social Services, then 2 for supports available to update your file.
- Visit ontario.ca/mybenefits to get payment information, report income or change your address. For help to register, call 1-888-999-6130 or your case worker.
- Ontario Works claimants do not need to drop off documents, including income reporting statements. Those documents can be dropped off at a later date.
Social Services Hub activities remain closed to the general public; Employment Ontario virtual workshops and employment coaching are available by virtual appointment only. Visit Help finding a job or Employment Ontario to book an appointment.
Local community supports
- Call 2-1-1 or go online and search by topic for income support and referrals to local community, social, government and health services.