Applications for Ontario Works, Emergency Assistance and Essential Health and Social Supports (EHSS) programs will be completed over the phone or online. To apply:
- Call 3-1-1, select 1 for English, 4 for Social Services, then 3.
- Or, visit Ontario Works and Emergency Assistance.
Ongoing Ontario Works clients
- All four Employment and Social Services offices are closed temporarily to the public to support physical distancing and prevent the spread of COVID-19. Staff will continue to provide telephone or e-mail support from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Monday to Friday.
- Call your case worker or call 3-1-1, select 1 for English, 4 for Social Services, then 2 for supports available to update your file.
- You do not need to drop off documents, including income reporting statements. Keep the documents to give to your case worker later.
- Visit ontario.ca/mybenefits to get payment information, report income or change your address. For help to register, call 1-888-999-6130 or your case worker.
Local community supports
- Call 2-1-1 or go online and search by topic for income support and referrals to local community, social, government and health services.