Financial support for individuals who need urgent help
Applications for Ontario Works, Emergency Assistance and Essential Health and Social Supports (EHSS) programs will be completed over the phone or online. To apply:
- Call 3-1-1, select 1 for English, 4 for Social Services, then 3.
- Or, visit Ontario Works and Emergency Assistance.
Ongoing Ontario Works clients
Starting January 15, 2021 all Employment and Social Service Offices will be closed to the public.
- 370 Catherine Street
- 100 Constellation Drive
- 2020 Walkley Road
- 2339 Ogilvie Road
- Staff will continue to provide telephone or email support from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Monday to Friday. For all other services, staff will continue to provide telephone or email support from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Monday to Friday.
- Call your case worker or call 3-1-1, select 1 for English, 4 for Social Services, then 2 for supports available to update your file.
- Visit ontario.ca/mybenefits to get payment information, report income or change your address. For help to register, call 1-888-999-6130 or your case worker.
- Ontario Works claimants do not need to drop off documents, including income reporting statements. Those documents can be dropped off at a later date.
Social Services Hub activities remain closed to the general public; Employment Ontario virtual workshops and employment coaching are available by virtual appointment only. Visit Help finding a job or Employment Ontario to book an appointment.
Local community supports
- Call 2-1-1 or go online and search by topic for income support and referrals to local community, social, government and health services.