Financial support for individuals who need urgent help
Applications for Ontario Works, Emergency Assistance and Essential Health and Social Supports (EHSS) programs will be completed over the phone or online. To apply:
- Call 3-1-1, select 1 for English, 4 for Social Services, then 3.
- Or, visit Ontario Works and Emergency Assistance.
Ongoing Ontario Works clients
- All four Employment and Social Services office hours to the public are from 10 am to 3 pm for limited counter and drop-off services:
- 370 Catherine Street
- 100 Constellation Drive
- 2020 Walkley Road
- 2339 Ogilvie Road
- For all other services, staff will continue to provide telephone or email support from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Monday to Friday.
- Call your case worker or call 3-1-1, select 1 for English, 4 for Social Services, then 2 for supports available to update your file.
- Visit ontario.ca/mybenefits to get payment information, report income or change your address. For help to register, call 1-888-999-6130 or your case worker.
Local community supports
- Call 2-1-1 or go online and search by topic for income support and referrals to local community, social, government and health services.