Isolated and/or vulnerable seniors
The information and resources below are provided by community agencies working to ensure seniors and other vulnerable people in Ottawa have access to supports during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Food resources, pharmacy delivery, transportation to medical appointments and wellness visits
If you need help to get food, groceries or meals delivered to your home, find a community agency with our Food Resources page near you. Some agencies are also offering pharmacy delivery, transportation to medical appointments, and wellness phone visits.
Wellness and protecting your mental health
The COVID-19 situation can be stressful for many of us including older people with mobility issues, and those over 70 who are told to self-isolate. Here are resources and things we can do to stay mentally well during these difficult times.
- Mental health supports (print fact sheet in multiple languages)
- Seniors Centre Without Walls: 613-236-0428
- Rural Ottawa Support Services A Friendly Voice: wellness calls to rural seniors connecting them to local services and programs
- Ottawa Community Housing: wellness phone calls 613-731-1182
- Better Strength, Better Balance: an exercise program for older adults on Roger's TV
Know who to call for help
- Know when to call (9-1-1, 3-1-1 or 2-1-1) (print fact sheet in multiple languages)