The information and resources below are provided by community agencies working to ensure seniors and other vulnerable people in Ottawa have access to supports during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Food resources, pharmacy delivery, transportation to medical appointments and wellness visits
If you need help to get food, groceries or meals delivered to your home, find a community agency near you. Some agencies are also offering pharmacy delivery, transportation to medical appointments, and wellness phone visits.
- Food resources for isolated seniors (print fact sheet in multiple languages)
Wellness and protecting your mental health
The COVID-19 situation can be stressful for many of us including older people with mobility issues, and those over 70 who are told to self-isolate. Here are resources and things we can do to stay mentally well during these difficult times.
- Mental health supports (print fact sheet in multiple languages)
- Seniors Centre Without Walls: 613-236-0428
- Rural Ottawa Support Services A Friendly Voice: wellness calls to rural seniors connecting them to local services and programs
- Ottawa Community Housing: wellness phone calls 613-731-1182
- Better Strength, Better Balance: an exercise program for older adults on Roger's TV
Know who to call for help
- Know when to call (9-1-1, 3-1-1 or 2-1-1) (print fact sheet in multiple languages)