Need help clearing your driveway and/or walkway during the winter?
The Snow Go Program can help you! This program is divided into two parts to match your individual needs to the appropriate service. The two programs are as follows:
- The Snow Go Program provides a matching service for seniors and people with disabilities looking to hire an individual or contractor to clear snow from private driveways and walkways. Residents who participate in this program are responsible for paying the individual or contractor removing the snow.
- The Snow Go Assist Program provides financial assistance to eligible low-income seniors or persons with disabilities looking to hire an individual or contractor to clear snow from private driveways and walkways. Approved participants may be reimbursed for 50 % of the cost of snow clearing per event, up to a seasonal maximum of $250. Rural applicants who have excessively high cost of snow removal, as defined by staff, are eligible up to 50% of the cost of snow clearing for their private driveways and walkways per event, up to a maximum of $450 per Term.
|Community support agency||Geographic area||Serves postal codes||Phone||Name - email / website|
|Centre de service Guigues||Entire city area for Francophone residents||City-wide||(613) 241-1266 ext. 457||
|The Glebe Centre||Serving the Glebe, Old Ottawa East, Old Ottawa South, Carleton Heights, Heron Park, Riverside Park and West Hunt Club||K1G (part), K1H (part), K1S, K1V (part), K2C (part)||
613- 230-5730, ext. 327
|The Olde Forge Community Resource Centre||Serving between the Ottawa River and Baseline Road, Woodroffe Avenue north of the Queensway and Clyde Avenue south of the Queensway||K2B, K2C (part)||613-829-9777||
|Ottawa West Community Support||Serving between the Ottawa River and Baseline Road, east of Woodroffe Avenue and west of Preston Street||K1Y, K1Z, K2A, K2C (part)||613-728-6016 ext. 275||
|South-East Ottawa Community Health Centre||Serving between Industrial Avenue and Hunt Club Road between St. Laurent Blvd and Bank Street||K1B (part), K1G (part), K1H (part), K1V (part)||613-737-5115 ext. 2375||
Camila Saavedra Ouellette
|The Good Companions||Serving between the Queensway and the Ottawa River, between Blair Rd. and Preston Street, includes the Avenues||K1G (part), K1K, K1L, K1M, K1N, K1P, K1R, K2P||613-236-0428 ext. 2250||
|Eastern Ottawa Resource Centre||Serving Eastern Ottawa including Cumberland and Gloucester||K1B (part), K1C, K1E, K1J, K1T, K1W, K2G, K4A, K4B, K4C, K4R, K0A (part)||613-741-6025 ext. 322||
|Western Ottawa Community Resource Centre||Serving west of Fisher Avenue, south of Baseline Road including Bells Corners, Barrhaven, Kanata, Carp, West Carleton, Goulbourn and Richmond.||K2E, K2G, K2H, K2J, K2K, K2L, K2M, K2R, K2S, K2T, K2V, K2W, KOA (part)||613-591-3686 ext. 315||
|Rural Ottawa South Support Services (ROSSS)||Serving Osgoode & Rideau-Goulbourn Wards. Includes Manotick and North Gower.||K1X, K4M, K4P, K0A (part)||613-692-4697ext. 228||
Snow Go Assist Program
The Snow Go Assist Program is a program that provides financial assistance to eligible low-income seniors and people with disabilities to pay for a portion of their snow removal costs.
Approved participants may be reimbursed up to 50 per cent of the cost of snow clearing per event, up to a seasonal maximum of $250. Rural applicants who have excessively high cost of snow removal, as defined by staff, are eligible up to 50% of the cost of snow and ice clearing for their private driveways and walkways per event, up to a maximum of $450 per term. . The program is on a first come first served basis. Agencies have the ability to limit funds allocated to participants if demand is high.
To be eligible to receive Snow Go Assist Program funding, participants must provide proof that they meet all of the program objectives: Applicants must meet both of the following criteria:
- Either senior or a person with a disability. A senior is considered any person over the age of 60 years. For persons with a disability, participants must be physically unable to clear snow from their private driveway and/or walkway due to their own disability
- Must demonstrate they qualify as low income. Low income is defined as an annual income of below $31,500 for a single individual and below $39,200 for a household (two or more persons).
Participants must provide proof of active enrolment in one or more of the following programs to prove that they meet the program objectives:
- GIS (Guaranteed Income Supplement)
- ODSP (Ontario Disability Support Program)
- Canada Pension Plan Disability Benefit
- Ontario Works plus proof of disability and/or senior (60 year or older)
- Essential Health and Social Supports plus proof of disability and/or senior (60 year or older)
- Home Help plus proof of disability and/or senior (60 year or older)
- Low income senior or person with a disability (proof may be required)
- Special Circumstances may be considered. Detailed proof must be provided.
For more information, please discuss with your local community support agency.
All applicants must sign a disclaimer that states that there is no person(s) physically able to perform snow removal work sharing the residence with the applicant.
To apply for Snow Go Assist funding, contact your local community support agency listed above.