Jim Tubman Chevrolet Rink
Rules of conduct
- Follow instructions from City of Ottawa staff at all times.
- Respect the rink skating schedule as posted.
- Exit the surface during ice maintenance.
- Children aged 10 and under must be actively supervised by someone 16+ years.
- You are personally responsible for ensuring that you are fit to participate in physical activities. Take appropriate safety precautions if you have a condition affecting your ability to participate.
- Respect all skill levels and all age groups.
- It is highly recommended that all skaters wear a CSA-certified hockey helmet. They provide optimal protection from head injury during on-ice activities and are designed to provide multi-impact protection from multiple directions.
The following activities are not allowed and could result in immediate removal:
- Rough play, speed and figure skating, and multiplayer games (i.e. tag and races), foul language or inappropriate behaviour.
- Carrying children while on the ice surface (including baby carriers).
- Smoking or loitering on the ice or near the facility.
- Alcohol or drug use anywhere on City property.
- No cross-checking or any behaviour that could result in injury.
- Food and drinks on the ice surface.
- Skating when the rink is closed.
- The sale and distribution of any products or services anywhere in the park, unless authorized by the City.
Wheelchairs, strollers and skating aids:
- Only E-Z gliders are permitted as an aid.
- CSA-certified hockey helmets are highly recommended for wheelchair and stroller occupants.
- Sand and salt must be removed from wheels prior to entering the rink.
The City of Ottawa does not accept responsibility for rink-related risks or injuries.