Jim Tubman Chevrolet Rink
COVID-19 safety measures
- Masks are mandatory within 15 metres (50 ft) distance of the edge of the ice surface. Masks are not mandatory while skating but are highly recommended. Skaters who are not from the same household must keep two metres apart on and off the ice.
- Please note: Reservations are required as of January 9 for refrigerated ice surfaces.
- Skate sessions are 45 minutes long.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before your reservation begins.
- If you arrive later than 5 minutes after your scheduled start time, your spot may be given to another individual.
- We ask that you please fill out this form to cancel your reservation if you are unable to attend.
- Skate times may be delayed due to ice flood maintenance.
- You will need to show your confirmation email to the rink attendant – please bring a screenshot or print off your reservation.
- Physical distancing of 2 metres must be maintained.
- Physical contact between skaters is not permitted.
- Washrooms will be closed.
Note: Restrictions are aligned with the Provincial COVID-19 response framework and may change when the Provincial restrictions are modified.
Rules of conduct
- Follow instructions from City of Ottawa staff at all times.
- Respect the rink skating schedule as posted.
- Exit the surface during ice maintenance.
- Children aged 10 and under must be actively supervised by someone 16+ years.
- You are personally responsible for ensuring that you are fit to participate in physical activities. Take appropriate safety precautions if you have a condition affecting your ability to participate.
- Respect all skill levels and all age groups.
- It is highly recommended that all skaters wear a CSA-certified hockey helmet. They provide optimal protection from head injury during on-ice activities and are designed to provide multi-impact protection from multiple directions.
The following activities are not allowed and could result in immediate removal:
- Rough play, speed and figure skating, and multiplayer games (i.e. tag and races), foul language or inappropriate behaviour.
- Carrying children while on the ice surface (including baby carriers).
- Smoking or loitering on the ice or near the facility.
- Alcohol or drug use anywhere on City property.
- No cross-checking or any behaviour that could result in injury.
- Food and drinks on the ice surface.
- Skating when the rink is closed.
- The sale and distribution of any products or services anywhere in the park, unless authorized by the City.
Wheelchairs, strollers and skating aids:
- Only E-Z gliders are permitted as an aid.
- CSA-certified hockey helmets are highly recommended for wheelchair and stroller occupants.
- Sand and salt must be removed from wheels prior to entering the rink.
The City of Ottawa does not accept responsibility for rink-related risks or injuries.
- Sticks and pucks are prohibited.
- Leisure skating session for all ages and abilities.
- Wheelchairs and strollers are permitted.
- CSA-certified helmets are highly recommended for all skaters.
Schedule and reservations
Reserve your session beginning January 8 at 6 pm.
January 2 to 8
- Monday, 8 am to 10 pm
- Tuesday, 8 am to 10 pm
- Wednesday, 8 am to 10 pm
- Thursday, 8 am to 10 pm
- Friday, 8 am to 10 pm
- Saturday, 10 am to 10 pm
- Sunday, 10 am to 10 pm
Schedule starting January 9
- Monday to friday, 8 am to 10 pm
- Saturday and sunday, 10 am to 10 pm