This site uses JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript in your Browser and reload the page to view the full site.

Traffic and Parking (By-law no. 2017-301)


By-laws contained in this section have been prepared for reference purposes only. Every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of this information; however it is not to be used in place of actual by-laws.

Actual by-laws can be obtained at the following locations:

City Archives
James Bartleman Centre
100 Tallwood Dr. 
Ottawa, ON
K2G 4R7
Telephone: 613-580-2857
Fax : 613-580-2614
Ottawa Public Library
120 Metcalfe St.
Ottawa, ON 
K1P 5M2
Ottawa Room
Telephone: 613-580-2940

By-law no. 2017-301

A by-law of the City of Ottawa regulating traffic and parking on highways.

Office Consolidation

This office consolidation is provided for internal staff use and reference purposes only. Every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of this consolidation up to and including the last amending by-law number noted below. This is not intended for official use, and it cannot be used in place of photocopies of original by-laws.

A PDF version of Traffic and Parking (By-law no. 2017-301) for printing is available.

For legal requirements, please refer to copies of the official by-laws of the City of Ottawa.

Updated June 2018

Amending by-laws:



Part B - Parking - Private property and city property

Part C - Parking required for persons with disabilities

Part D - Parking on municipal parking lots

Report an issue with a parked vehicle on private property

Please call 3-1-1 if the issue is related to the following:

  • An immediate hazard to people or property
  • Personal accessibility

You must be on site and will be required to provide documentation proving that you own or rent the property or that you are assigned the designated parking space. Please start by selecting the parking location or specific issue:

Unauthorized Parking

Oversized vehicle

Front yard parking

For more information

Please refer to the parking regulations and restrictions page or the Traffic and Parking By-Law (No. 2017-301) for more information.