The role of the Rural Affairs Office
- To monitor and support issues affecting rural Ottawa ensuring that current and emerging rural issues are a prime focus of City staff and Council.
- To facilitate a productive relationship between the City and its rural citizens by assessing the impact of the City’s rural policies, by-laws and programs and negotiating change.
- To establish links with provincial and federal governments and to keep City officials informed of developments in legislative and policy efforts.
- Advocates for the rural perspective in accordance with City Council’s direction.
In particular, the Office is focusing its attention on the priorities identified through the Rural Summit:
- Access, Communication and Consultation
- Policy issues
- Rural business
Contacts and resources
Contact the City of Ottawa
General Inquiries: 3-1-1 (613-580-2400)
Contact the Rural Affairs Office
The Rural Affairs Office is situated at Ottawa City Hall
110 Laurier Avenue West
For inquiries relating to rural issues, contact:
Email: Rural Affairs Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Rural affairs office email distribution list
Stay informed about City services, public consultations, funding opportunities and other topics affecting rural Ottawa. To be added to the Rural Affairs Office distribution list, send an e-mail to email@example.com.
- Provide your name, e-mail address, if you represent a specific organization, and what part of the City of Ottawa you live in.
- Receive regular e-mail updates with information affecting you.
- Subscribers may ask at any time for their name to be removed from the list.
Contact your rural councillor
Client service centres
You can also contact the City by visiting any of our Client Service Centres including locations in Kinburn, Metcalfe and North Gower. Please refer to days and hours of operation specific to rural locations.