This site uses JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript in your Browser and reload the page to view the full site.

Moving, selling and property ownership

Change of ownership

If you purchased property in the City of Ottawa, you must ensure that your property and contact information is up-to-date with City of Ottawa Revenue Services.

Learn More

Change of mailing address

Please send mailing address changes in writing:

Please quote the property address and roll number on all correspondence.
Failure to receive a tax bill will still result in penalty and interest charges being applied if the bill is not paid by the due date.

Tax certificate request

An individual or lawyer may request a Tax Certificate if they wish to determine if there are any outstanding property taxes at the time of closing a real estate transaction.

Learn More

Determining ownership of a property

Names and mailing information for property owners are available in the City's Roll Books, prepared by the Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC)

The Roll Books are available for viewing at the City Hall Client Service Centre.

In person

We strongly recommend you schedule an appointment with us but walk-ins will be accepted between 9 am - 4 pm.  Priority will be given to scheduled appointments.

Please select a location to book an appointment time:

City Hall - 110 Laurier Ave West