The on-ramp from Moodie Drive northbound to Highway 417 westbound will close for Stage 2 LRT work starting early morning on Thursday, April 1. It will remain closed until December. Signed detours will be in place through the duration of construction. Cycling and pedestrian routes will remain open.
The following detour will be in effect during the closure:
From Moodie Drive north of Hwy 417
- Turn left on Carling Avenue
- Turn left on March Road
- Enter Hwy 417 at March Road on-ramp
Details for each closure and the detours in place will be provided before the work begins. The Stage 2 O-Train West extension will run in a trench on the north side of the highway, travelling underneath Pinecrest and Moodie.
The City of Ottawa has tools on ottawa.ca to help motorists and transit customers plan their routes and manage their commute, including:
- City of Ottawa Traffic Report – outlining citywide road closures, traffic restrictions and detours
- Travel Planner at octranspo.com – transit customers can plan routes
- Interactive traffic map – showing construction areas and live traffic cameras throughout the city
- Ministry of Transportation of Ontario (MTO) cameras
- Cycling maps and information – detailing bicycle pathways and lanes throughout the city