The City’s Audit Committee today received six follow-up reports from Auditor General Ken Hughes on the following topics:
- Follow-up to the 2015 Audit of Ethics
- Follow-up to the 2016 Audit of the ByWard and Parkdale Markets
- Follow-up to the 2017 Audit of Child Care Services
- Follow-up to the 2017 Management of the Lansdowne Contract
- Follow-up to the 2017 Investigation into the Giver 150 Playground at Mooney's Bay Park
- Follow-up to the 2017 Review of the Management of Emergency Shelter Providers – Contract Management
Follow-ups are part of a complete audit process. They are conducted to ensure the recommendations, as committed to by management and approved by Council, have been effectively implemented.
For these six follow-up reports, the Auditor General found that the City implemented or made progress on implementing recommendations to improve management systems and procedures. The Auditor General also found areas where the City needs to do more work to complete all audit recommendations.
These reports will be before City Council on Wednesday, October 14.