The City of Ottawa would like to remind residents of the following schedule changes and impacts to City services for the Canada Day holiday on Friday, July 1.
Client Service Centres
- The City’s 3-1-1 Contact Centre will be open for urgent matters only. Please visit ottawa.ca/311 for more information.
- The Client Services Centres at Ottawa City Hall, Ben Franklin Place, 580 Terry Fox Drive, 255 Centrum Boulevard and the City’s Provincial Offences Court at 100 Constellation Drive will be closed.
- The Business Licensing Centre at 735 Industrial Avenue will be closed.
Green bin, recycling and garbage collection
- There will be no curbside green bin, recycling, garbage or bulky item collection on Friday, July 1. Friday’s collection will take place on Saturday, July 2.
- Multi-residential recycling container and green bin collection will also be delayed the following week by one day for the remainder of the week. Multi-residential garbage containers will be collected on the regular scheduled day.
- The Trail Waste Facility will be open on Friday, July 1.
- All City parking regulations and restrictions apply.
- New event-related parking and stopping restrictions will be posted downtown and in other areas of the City where events are scheduled to occur. These parking restrictions will be in effect until the signage is removed. Please check for signage before parking your vehicle. Failure to adhere to these restrictions may result in a ticked and tow.
- Public transit is the best way to get around on Canada Day, especially since OC Transpo offers no-charge service all day on O-Train Line 1, buses and Para Transpo. Use OC Transpo’s Travel Planner to plan your trip.
- OC Transpo bus service will operate on a Sunday schedule, with additional buses available to provide more capacity on busy routes throughout the day where needed, and later evening service on many routes.
- O-Train Line 1 will operate on a special Canada Day schedule and run from 6 am on Friday, July 1, to 2 am on Saturday, July 2, with increased evening frequency.
- Line 2 replacement buses will operate on a special Canada Day schedule with service extended to 1 am on Saturday, July 2.
- After the fireworks at LeBreton Flats, transit service to many parts of Ottawa will be available from Pimisi Station on Booth Street.
- If you’re travelling east or south, take O-Train Line 1 to Hurdman, St-Laurent or Blair stations and connect to one of many bus routes to continue your trip home.
- For those travelling west, take a bus on Albert Street at Booth Street that will take you to Ottawa West, Nepean, Barrhaven, Kanata or Stittsville.
- O-Train service after the fireworks will also be available from Lyon, Parliament, and Rideau stations.
- OC Transpo Customer Service (613-560-5000) will be open from 7 am to 9 pm.
- OC Transpo’s Rideau Centre Customer Service Centre will be open from 10 am to 6 pm. You can book an appointment in advance using OC Transpo’s new Virtual Line.
- All other OC Transpo Customer Service Centres are currently closed.
- OC Transpo Lost and Found (Heartwood House) will be closed on Friday, July 1.
- For Para Transpo Services:
- Para Transpo will operate on a holiday service on Friday, July 1, with extended service until 2:30 am (2 am for rural trips). Reservations will be accepted for up to 2 am (1 am for rural trips).
- Regular bookings on Friday, July 1, are automatically cancelled.
- Customers can book trips for Canada Day starting on Friday, June 24, by calling 613-560-5000 or using My Para Transpo.
- Customers travelling on Para Transpo to LeBreton Flats on Canada Day will be picked up and dropped off at a pre-designated location at LeBreton Flats, Pimisi Station or Place Des Festivals (Gatineau).
- The Taxi Coupon phone line will be closed.
- Reservations can be made and cancelled online at 613-560-5000.
- The reservations phone line will be open from 7 am to 5 pm, while the trip information and cancellation line will be open from 6 am to 3 am.
- For more information on Canada Day service, visit octranspo.com or call (613) 560-5000. You can also connect with OC Transpo through Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Recreation and cultural services
- Wading pools, indoor pools, outdoor pools, arenas as well as recreation and fitness centres will operate on modified schedules. Please check ottawa.ca for details.
- Splash Pads are open.
- Beaches at Mooney’s Bay, Britannia and Petrie Island are open and supervised between 11 am and 7 pm.
- Most art centres and museums will be closed on Friday, July 1. Please check with the centre or museum directly for details.
- Shenkman Arts Centre and Meridian Theatres @ Centrepointe are closed on Friday, July 1.
- The City of Ottawa Archives and Gallery 112 will be closed on Friday, July 1.
Ottawa Public Health
- All COVID-19 vaccination clinics will be closed on Friday, July 1. Visit the OPH COVID-19 Vaccine page for alternative vaccination clinic hours and availability.
- Visit the OPH COVID-19 Testing page for testing centre and care clinic hours and availability.
- The Ottawa Public Health COVID-19 Vaccine Booking Line will be closed on Friday, July 1.
- The Sexual Health Clinic and satellite clinics will be closed.
- The Site program office and supervised consumption services at 179 Clarence Street will be closed. The Site mobile van will operate from 5 pm to 11:30 pm.
- The Ottawa Public Health Information Centre and COVID-19 Information Line will be closed on Friday, July 1.
- Dental clinics will be closed.
Community and Social Services
- The Tom Brown respite centre at 141 Bayview Station Road will be closed on Friday, July 1.
- The Bernard Grandmaître respite centre at 309 McArthur Avenue will be closed on Friday, July 1.
Municipal child care services
- All municipal child care centres will be closed.
- All Ottawa Public Library branches will be closed on Friday, July 1. Virtual services, loans and programs can be accessed on the Ottawa Public Library website.
For more information on City programs and services, visit ottawa.ca, call 3-1-1 (TTY: 613-580-2401) or 613-580-2400 to contact the City using Canada Video Relay Service. You can also connect with us through Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.