If you were affected by the power outage and are in need of financial help, you may complete an application for emergency assistance for loss of food and in exceptional circumstances for help with medication, medical supplies or personal care.
How do I apply?
- If you are already in receipt of Ontario Works, please call your case worker directly
- If you are in receipt of the Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP), call 3-1-1, select 1 for English or 2 for French and 4 for Social Services
All other applications for emergency assistance are completed online or over the phone.
- Go to the online application for emergency assistance
- Or call 3-1-1, select 1 for English or 2 for French and 4 for Social Services
- City staff will complete an assessment to see if you qualify
Other food support
The City has opened many emergency reception centres, providing washrooms, showers, a place to charge devices, WiFi access and some offer food as well. For the latest locations and times, visit the City’s Storm Recovery webpage. You can also call 2-1-1 for a list of emergency food services.
For more information on City programs and services, visit ottawa.ca, call 3-1-1 (TTY: 613-580-2401) or 613-580-2400 to contact the City using Canada Video Relay Service. You can also connect with us through Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.