The City of Ottawa is warning residents about door-to-door salespeople posing as water-quality technicians, making false claims about the quality of City drinking water.
These individuals have been known to approach residents to sell water filtration or treatment systems and provide incorrect information pertaining to water quality.
Ottawa’s drinking water is rated by the Ontario Ministry of Environment as one of the safest in the world. The City has an extensive drinking water quality analysis program.
Residents are reminded that:
- City employees do not contact residents to sell products or services
- Except for emergency situations, home access is scheduled in advance
- City employees carry identification at all times – you have the right to ask for ID
- City employees always travel in City of Ottawa logo-identified marked vehicles
- Should you have concerns or wish to report suspicious visits or calls, please contact 3-1-1
More information on door-to-door imposters is available on ottawa.ca.