The City of Ottawa would like to remind residents of the following schedule changes for Colonel By Day, Monday, August 5.
- Ottawa City Hall and all seven Client Service Centres, including the Government Service Centre located at 110 Laurier Avenue West, will be closed. Business will resume as usual on Tuesday, August 6.
- The City’s Provincial Offences Court, located at 100 Constellation Crescent, will be closed on the Colonel By Day Holiday. Business will resume as usual on Tuesday, August 6.
- The City’s 3-1-1 Contact Centre will be open for urgent matters that require the City’s immediate attention. Call 3-1-1 or 613-580-2400 (TTY: 613-580-2401) to speak to a customer service representative.
Green bin, recycling and garbage collection
- There will be no curbside green bin, recycling or garbage collection for the Colonel By Day Holiday. Pick-up will take place on Tuesday, August 6. Collection will be delayed by one day for the remainder of the week.
- Multi-residential garbage containers will be collected on the regular scheduled day. Multi-residential recycling and green bin collection will be delayed by one day for the remainder of the week.
- The Trail Road waste facility will be closed on Monday, August 5.
Parking and roads
- All City of Ottawa parking regulations and restrictions will apply for the Colonel By Day Holiday.
- Free parking will be available at City Hall, 110 Laurier Avenue West on Monday, August 5. The Laurier Avenue entrance to the parking garage will be closed but you can access the parking garage through the Elgin Street entrance.
- OC Transpo will operate on a Sunday schedule on Monday, August 5. Only routes that normally run on Sundays will be in service. For the Colonel By Day Holiday, a family or group may travel all day with a Family Pass, which can be purchased for $10.50 on the bus or at a ticket machine at the following O-Train Line 2 stations: Carleton, Carling, Greenboro and Mooney's Bay. A family or group can include up to six people with a maximum of two who are ages 13 or older. Call 613-560-1000, or text 560560 plus your four-digit bus stop number, for automated schedule information. For more information, holiday schedules and travel planning, visit octranspo.com or phone 613-741-4390.
- The OC Transpo Customer Service Centre at the Rideau Centre will be open for the Colonel By Day Holiday, from 10 am to 6 pm. The Customer Service Centres at Lincoln Fields, Place d’Orléans and St. Laurent Shopping Centre will be closed.
- OC Transpo Customer Service and Information (613-741-4390) will be open from 7 am to 9 pm
- Para Transpo will operate a holiday service. Regularly scheduled trips will be cancelled automatically. Customers may book trips for the Colonel By Day Holiday by calling 613-244-7272, starting on Monday, July 29.
- Para Transpo Services:
- Taxi coupons (613-842-3670) – closed
- Reservations line (613-244-7272) – open from 7 am to 5 pm
- Trip cancellation and general inquiries (613-244-4636) – open from 6 am to 12:30 am
- STO (Société de transport de l'Outaouais) users can plan their trip using Plani-bus.
- Some outdoor pools, indoor pools and fitness centres will be open for public swimming, fitness activities and aquafitness, with modified schedules.
- All beaches, splash pads and some wading pools will be open, weather permitting.
- Most registered programs at swimming pools, community centres and arenas will be cancelled. Clients should check with their facility to confirm, as some exceptions will apply.
- City of Ottawa summer camps will not operate on Monday, August 5.
Ottawa Public Health
- The Sexual Health Centre and Satellite Clinics will be closed on Monday, August 5.
- Site clean needle and syringe program - on Monday, August 5:
- The site mobile van will operate from 5 to 11:30 pm.
- The office at 179 Clarence Street will open from 9 am to 9 pm.
- Dental Clinics and Parenting in Ottawa Drop-ins will be closed.
- The Ottawa Public Health Information Centre will be closed. You can leave a voicemail message and inquiries will be answered within one business day. For the latest health information, visit OttawaPublicHealth.ca.
- On August 5, Karsh-Masson Gallery, is closed for installation. Barbara Ann Scott Gallery, City Hall Art Gallery and Ottawa Sports Hall of Fame at City Hall will be open.
- City of Ottawa arts centres, galleries, theatres and museums will be closed.
- The City of Ottawa Archives Reference Services and Gallery 112 will be closed between Saturday, August 3 and Monday, August 5. They will reopen on Tuesday, August 6.
Municipal child care services
- All Municipal Child Care Centres will be closed on Monday, August 5.
- Ottawa Public Library (OPL) will be closed on Monday, August 5. OPL is closed on Sundays until September 1, inclusive.