April 30, 2021
Announcements and Events
Covid-19 and Vaccine Updates:
- To date, more than 359,000 doses of vaccines have been administered in Ottawa and more than one-third of Ottawa residents 16 years and older have received at least one dose.
- All Ottawa residents age 55 and over can begin booking appointments to receive the COVID-19 vaccine at community clinics.
- More than 113,000 appointments have been made available in Ottawa on the Provincial Booking System through the month of May.
- Visit the City’s updated Vaccine Distribution page for information on appointments in all categories of eligible residents including high-priority neighbourhoods, licenced child care workers and pregnant individuals.
- Use the OPH COVID-19 Vaccine Eligibility Screening Tool to see if you can currently receive the COVID-19 vaccine and learn how to book an appointment.
- The City continues to administer vaccines in accordance with the Province’s Vaccine Distribution Plan while prioritizing those that are at highest risk of serious illness and death.
- The AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine is available in select Ottawa pharmacies for eligible people ages 40 or older in 2021. Find your closest pharmacy.
- The Provincial Emergency and Stay-at-Home Order remains in effect, requiring everyone to remain at home except for essential purposes.
- The City is working with our partners at The Ottawa Hospital and Queensway Carleton Hospital to deliver vaccines to thousands of local health care workers. For more information on each of these delivery channels, including eligibility and booking information, please visit the OPH Covid-19 Vaccination page.
The latest from Ottawa Public Health
- “Every person who gets their vaccine brings us one step closer to community immunity”. Read Dr. Vera Etches’ latest statement.
- Reminder: Ottawa has a Voluntary Isolation Centre for people who do not have access to an adequate shelter or cannot self-isolate safely in their own homes.
- Our simplified Chinese portal has all the information you need about the COVID-19 vaccine! Find resources, information and videos in simplified Chinese here.
- Check out our calendar for upcoming COVID-19 community events.
- NEW COVID Stories: Dr. Kwadwo Kyeremanteng.
- Arabic CHIN Radio Interview with Dr. Trevor Arnason.
In case you missed it
- With sights set on better days ahead, the City’s Summer eGuides are now online. The start of in-person camps and activities will be subject to the prevailing COVID-19 restrictions being relaxed sufficiently to allow for the program to operate.
- For compliance with the enhanced restrictions under the extended Province’s Stay-at-Home Order, the City of Ottawa has closed some of its recreation amenities. Visit the Recreation and parks page for the latest updates.
- New rules on what’s open and what’s closed can be confusing – especially around parks and play equipment. The City’s Park Ambassador Program is now back to give helpful guidance.