On Friday, July 24, Elgin Street will reopen to two-way traffic between Catherine and Nepean streets.
This section of Elgin Street has been closed to northbound traffic since Monday, March 30 to complete work on sidewalks, parking bays, landscaping and tree planting, street furniture and the final layer of asphalt for the Elgin Street renewal project.
OC Transpo routes 5, 14 and 114, which were detoured during construction, will return to Elgin Street on Friday, July 24.
The project is on schedule to be completed in October. Remaining works include public art installations, furniture placement, tree planting and other landscaping features.
- For information about the project, including up-to-date traffic impacts, visit ottawa.ca/elginstreet.
- Sign up for the Elgin Street renewal e-newsletter on ottawa.ca to get regular updates.
- Follow the City on social media:
- Twitter: @ottawacity
- Instagram: @cityofottawa
- Facebook: City of Ottawa / @cityofottawa
- Email the Elgin Street renewal project team at email@example.com.
- Listen to traffic reports from local news media.
The project team would like to thank residents and businesses for their continued support and patience during this construction season.