The City of Ottawa would like to remind residents of the following schedule changes for Family Day, Monday, February 18.
- Ottawa City Hall and all seven Client Service Centres, including the Government Service Centre located at 110 Laurier Avenue West, will be closed. The City’s Provincial Offences Court, including the courts located at 100 Constellation Crescent, will also be closed.
- The City’s 3-1-1 Contact Centre will be open for urgent matters. Call 3-1-1 or 613-580-2400 to speak to a customer service representative. For persons with a hearing-related disability, call TTY: 613-580-2401.
Green bin, recycling and garbage collection:
- There will be no curbside green bin, recycling or garbage collection on Family Day. The pick-up will take place on Tuesday, February 19. In addition, the collection will be delayed by one day for the remainder of the week. Multi-residential garbage containers will be collected on the regular scheduled day. Multi-residential recycling container and green bin collection will be delayed by one day for the remainder of the week.
- All City of Ottawa parking regulations and restrictions will apply during this time.
- Free parking will be available at City Hall, 110 Laurier Avenue West on Monday, February 18. Free parking at City Hall is also available during the Elgin Street construction weekday evenings after 6 pm and all day on weekends.
- OC Transpo will operate a revised weekday schedule with minor reductions. A family or group can travel all day for the cost of one DayPass with the Family DayPass, which can be purchased for $10.50 from the bus operator when boarding, or from a ticket machine at any O-Train Line 2 station. A family or group can include up to six people, with a maximum of two people aged 13 or older.
- Hours at the Rideau Centre Customer Service Centre will be reduced to operate from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Customer Service Centres at Lincoln Fields, St-Laurent, and Place d’Orléans will be open regular hours, from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- The Transit Information Centre (613-741-4390) will be open from 7 am to 9 pm.
- STO users can plan their trip using Plani-bus.
- The OC Transpo Customer Relations Office (613-842-3600) will be closed.
- Para Transpo will operate a holiday service. Regular scheduled trips are automatically cancelled. Customers may book trips for Family Day starting February 11 by calling 613-244-7272.
- Para Transpo operations:
- Taxi coupons (613-842-3670) will be closed.
- The reservations line (613-244-7272) will be open from 7 am to 5 pm.
- The trip cancellation and general inquiries line (613-244-4636) will be open from 6 am to 12:30 am.
OC Transpo will operate free service on the OLG Sno-Bus from Dows Lake to the ByWard Market along Queen Elizabeth Driveway on weekends during Winterlude. On Family Day, the OLG Sno-Bus service extends to Jacques-Cartier Park North.
- Saturday from 10 am to 8 pm
- Sunday from 10 am to 5 pm
- Family Day, February 18, from 10 am to 3 pm
The service, which is sponsored by the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Commission (OLG), will run every 15 to 30 minutes. You are not permitted to board the bus wearing skates. While carrying skates on the bus, use skate-guards to avoid injury or carry your skates at your side by the blades.
STO will also run free service from Confederation Park to Jacques Cartier Park from 10 am to 5:30 pm, except on Family Day.
- Some indoor pools and fitness centres will be open for public swimming, fitness schedules and public skating with modified schedules.
- Most registered programs at swimming pools, community centres and arenas are cancelled; however, clients should check with their facility to confirm, as some exceptions will apply.
Ottawa Public Health:
- The Sexual Health Clinic and satellite clinics will be closed.
- Site program:
- Site office at 179 Clarence Street, including supervised consumption services, will be open for regular hours from 9am to 9pm Monday, February 18, and the site mobile van will operate on a regular schedule from 5 to 11:30 pm
- The Dental Clinics and Parenting in Ottawa Drop-ins will be closed.
- The Ottawa Public Health Information Centre will be closed; however, you can call and leave a message and inquiries will be responded to within regular business hours. You can also connect with us online for the latest health information on OttawaPublicHealth.ca.
- The Karsh-Masson Gallery, Barbara Ann Scott Gallery and the OAG Annex at City Hall will be open.
- City of Ottawa arts centres, galleries, theatres and museums will be closed.
- The City of Ottawa Archives Reference Services and Gallery 112 will be closed.
Municipal child care services:
- All Municipal Child Care Centres will be closed.
All branches and services of the Ottawa Public Library will be closed.