The City of Ottawa would like to remind residents of the following schedule changes for Family Day, Monday, February 17.
- City Hall and all seven client service centres, including the Government Service Centre at 110 Laurier Avenue West, will be closed.
- The City’s Provincial Offences Court at 100 Constellation Drive will be closed.
- The City’s 3-1-1 Contact Centre will be open for urgent matters that require the City’s immediate attention. Call 3-1-1 or 613-580-2400 (TTY: 613-580-2401) to speak to a customer service representative.
Green bin, recycling and garbage collection
- There will be no curbside green bin, recycling or garbage collection on Family Day. The pick-up will take place on Tuesday, February 18. In addition, the collection will be delayed by one day for the remainder of the week. Multi-residential garbage containers will be collected on the regular scheduled day. Multi-residential recycling container and green bin collection will be delayed by one day for the remainder of the week.
- The Trail Waste Facility will be closed.
- All City of Ottawa parking regulations and restrictions will apply during this time.
- Free parking will be available at City Hall, 110 Laurier Avenue West on Monday, February 17. Free parking at City Hall is also available weekday evenings after 6 pm and all day on weekends.
- OC Transpo buses will operate on a reduced weekday schedule. O-Train lines 1 and 2 will run on a normal weekday schedule. A family or group can travel all day for the cost of one DayPass with the Family DayPass, which can be purchased for $10.75 from the bus operator when boarding, or from a ticket machine at any O-Train station. You can also buy passes from the ticket machine at the Ottawa International Airport. A family or group can include up to six people, with a maximum of two people aged 13 or older.
- OC Transpo Customer Service Centre at the Rideau Centre will be open from 10 am to 6 pm. The Customer Service Centres at the Lincoln Fields, Place d’Orléans and St. Laurent shopping centres will be open from 7 am to 6 pm.
- OC Transpo Customer Service (613-741-4390) will be open from 7 am to 9 pm.
- Para Transpo will operate a holiday service. Regular scheduled trips will be automatically cancelled. Customers can book trips for Family Day starting on Monday, February 10 by calling 613-244-7272.
- Para Transpo operations:
- Taxi coupons (613-842-3670) will remain open.
- The reservatins line (613-244-7272) will be open from 7 am to 5 pm
- The trip cancellation and general inquiries line (613-244-4636) will be open from 6 am to midnight.
- Société de transport de l'Outaouais (STO) customers can plan their trips using Plani-bus.
- For more information on Family Day service, visit octranspo.com. You can also call 613-741-4390.
- No-charge service on the OLG Sno-Bus is available from Dow’s Lake to downtown along Queen Elizabeth Driveway, and from downtown to Jacques-Cartier Park in Gatineau. The OLG Sno-Bus service is provided by OC Transpo and STO on weekends during Winterlude, and by OC Transpo on Family Day.
- Saturdays and Sundays, from 10 am to 5:30 pm
- Family Day, Monday, February 17, from 10 am to 3 pm
- On Family Day, the Sno-Bus, which is sponsored by the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Commission (OLG), will run every 15 minutes. On Saturdays and Sundays during Winterlude, service will run every 15 minutes all day, except between 10 am and 11 am, when it will run every 30 minutes.
- You are not permitted to board the bus wearing skates. When carrying skates on the bus, use skate-guards to avoid injury, or carry skates at your side, by the blades.
- For more information, visit octranspo.com or call 613-741-4390. If you are traveling to or from Gatineau, also check sto.ca for the latest updates on service.
- Some indoor pools and fitness centres will be open for public swimming, fitness schedules and public skating, with modified schedules.
- Most registered programs at swimming pools, community centres and arenas are cancelled, but check with your facility to confirm, as some exceptions will apply.
Ottawa Public Health
- The Sexual Health Clinic and satellite clinics will be closed.
- Site needle and syringe program:
- Site office at 179 Clarence Street, including supervised consumption services, will be closed Monday, February 17, and the site mobile van will operate on a regular schedule from 5 to 11:30 pm
- The Dental Clinics and Parenting in Ottawa Drop-ins will be closed.
- The Ottawa Public Health Information Centre will be closed, but you can call and leave a message and inquiries will be responded to during regular business hours. You can also connect with us online for the latest health information on OttawaPublicHealth.ca.
- The Karsh-Masson Gallery, Barbara Ann Scott Gallery and the City Hall Art Gallery at City Hall will be open.
- City of Ottawa arts centres, galleries, theatres and museums will be closed.
- The City of Ottawa Archives Reference Services and Gallery 112 will be closed.
Municipal child care services
- All Municipal Child Care centres will be closed.
- The Ottawa Public Library will be closed.