The City is recruiting residents with diverse backgrounds to provide their voices and unique perspectives on many of its committees and boards. These volunteer positions are opportunities for residents to make a difference in their community by providing their experiences, expertise, knowledge and professionalism.
Positions are available on the following committees and boards:
- Ottawa Board of Health
- Ottawa Police Services Board
- Ottawa Public Library Board *
- Committee of Adjustment
- Built Heritage Sub-Committee
- Property Standards and License Appeals Committee
- Shaw Centre – Board of Directors
- Mohr’s Landing / Quyon Port Authority
- Ottawa Community Lands Development Corporation Board of Directors
- Rideau Valley Conservation Authority *
- South Nation Conservation Authority *
- Mississippi Valley Conservation Authority *
- Accessibility Advisory Committee
- Para Transpo Eligibility Appeals Panel
The above list may change, because it is subject to the Term of Council Governance review, provincial direction, and/or Nominating Committee process.
Who is eligible? You must be a resident of the City of Ottawa, at least 18 years of age or older, and not an employee of the City of Ottawa. Additional eligibility requirements may apply for specific committees and boards.
How to apply: Use the online form available at ottawa.ca/committees. Alternate application formats are available upon request.
* Applications for the Ottawa Public Library Board and Conservation Authorities must be submitted by January 3, 2023 at 4:30 pm.
Applications for all other committees and boards must be submitted by Monday, January 23, 2023 at 4:30 pm.
In person information session: Open house on Monday, December 12 from 6 to 8 pm at Ben Franklin Place, 101 Centrepointe Drive, Main Lobby.
Virtual information session: Question and answer session in Zoom on Monday, December 19 at 6 pm. Registration is required.
For more information on City programs and services, visit ottawa.ca, call 3-1-1 (TTY: 613-580-2401) or 613-580-2400 to contact the City using Canada Video Relay Service. You can also connect with us through Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.