The City of Ottawa wants your input on the projects, policies, programs and services that affect your daily life. From open houses to workshops and online consultations, your feedback helps shape City decisions.
The following opportunities to provide feedback and get informed are available next week:
Monday, September 11
Public information session: Zoning by-law amendment at 1040 Bank Street
7 to 8:30 p.m.
Southminster United Church
15 Aylmer Avenue
Tuesday, September 12
Councillor Eli El-Chantiry (West Carleton-March) will be hosting a session for residents to share their comments on the 2018 City budget.
6 to 6:45 p.m. (Opportunity to discuss with representatives from City services such as Fire, Roads, Infrastructure, Para Transpo, By-Law, and Ottawa Police)
7 to 8:30 p.m. (2018 Budget consultation)
Kinburn Community Centre
3045 Kinburn Side Road
Saturday, September 16 and Monday, September 18
Planning Primer I (please register to attend)
8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Offered in English
Colonel By Boardroom, second floor, City Hall
In addition, there are a number of ongoing online consultations where residents can offer their feedback. They include:
- City of Ottawa’s 2018 Budget Consultations:
Once again, the City of Ottawa is taking an interactive approach to keep residents informed about next year’s budget and to provide multiple forums for public feedback.
- Marketing of unhealthy food and drinks to children and youth: Ottawa Public Health (OPH) wants feedback on marketing unhealthy food and drinks to children and youth.
- Hunt Club Road Cycling Link (Riverside Drive to Paul Benoit Driveway): until September 20, 2017.
The City of Ottawa is in the planning stage for improving quality and consistency in cycling facilities along Hunt Club Road between Riverside Drive and Paul Benoit Driveway / North Bowesville Road.
- Draft Site Alteration By-law: until September 25The draft Site Alteration By-law is available for review. This proposed new by-law would replace the Drainage By-law and the former municipalities’ topsoil protection by-laws.
- Ottawa Hospital Official Plan and Zoning By-law Amendments: until September 15
Submit comments on the proposed Official Plan and Zoning By-law Amendments.
- Rideau Carleton Raceway – Establishment of a Gaming Site at 4837 Albion Road:
The City is seeking public input on confirming the establishment of the Rideau Carleton Raceway (4837 Albion Road) site as the location for a gaming facility in Ottawa.
The City offers residents a variety of opportunities to share information, consult and collaborate. Stay informed on upcoming engagement opportunities to see your ideas, suggestions and concerns incorporated into the work that impacts you and your community.
For more information on City programs and services, visit ottawa.ca or call 3-1-1 (TTY: 613-580-2401). You can also connect with us through Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.