The City of Ottawa wants your input on the projects, policies, programs and services that affect your daily life. From open houses to workshops and online consultations, your feedback helps to shape City decisions.
The following opportunities to learn more about City projects are available next week:
Monday, March 5
- Planning Primer II
City Hall, Festival Boardroom
110 Laurier Avenue West
8:30 a.m. to Noon
Offered in French only
- Public meeting – for Plan of Subdivision and Zoning By-law Amendment
Francois Dupuis Recreation Centre, Portobello Room
2263 Portobello Boulevard
6:30 to 8 p.m.
Tuesday, March 6
- Information Session – on Zoning By-law Amendment and Site Plan Control Applications for 929
Richmond Road and 108 Woodroffe Avenue
Our Lady of Fatima School
2135 Knightsbridge Road
6:30 to 8 p.m.
- Public meeting - on Heritage and Site Plan Application for Ashbury College’s Centre for Science and Innovation
Rockcliffe Park Community Hall
380 Springfield Rd.
6:30 to 8 p.m.
Wednesday, March 7
- Public Meeting – on Hard Rock Zoning By-law Amendment
Orchard View Event Centre
6346 Deermeadow Drive
6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
In addition, there are ongoing online consultations where residents can offer their feedback:
- Château Laurier addition: Larco Investment Ltd. has submitted a revised Site Plan Control application for the Château Laurier property at 1 Rideau Street, Ottawa. The City of Ottawa is looking for your input on the proposal. Please complete our online feedback form to have your say. Survey closes on Thursday, March 8.
- Smart Cities Challenge: How can we use smart solutions to make Ottawa an even better place to live, work and play? We need your best, most innovative ideas for the Smart Cities Challenge! Answer our questionnaire before March 11. Tell us about challenges and opportunities in Ottawa, and share your ideas about how data and technology can improve our community.
- Rooming House Licensing By-law: Issues with respect to rooming house licensing were raised as part of the By-law Review Strategy approved by Council in 2015. Input is being collected for residents to share their views. Please review the discussion paper and complete the online survey by March 30.
- Ottawa Next: Beyond 2036: The City is looking for residents’ input on a plan for realizing Ottawa’s future as the most liveable city in North America. Please complete a short survey to share your ideas and comments.
- Cleary and New Orchard Planning Study: The City is looking for residents’ input on draft policies and zoning to guide future development around the new Cleary and New Orchard LRT stations. Please complete a short survey to share your ideas and comments.
The City offers residents a variety of opportunities to share information, consult and collaborate. Stay informed on upcoming engagement opportunities to see your ideas, suggestions and concerns incorporated into the work that impacts you and your community.