The City of Ottawa wants your input on the projects, policies, programs and services that affect your daily life. From open houses to workshops and online engagement opportunities, your feedback helps to shape City decisions.
Please note: All current public engagement opportunities will now be listed on ottawa.ca and updated in real-time. Stay informed about engagement opportunities by visiting website or by following the City on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Albion Road Traffic Study: Provide your feedback to help us address traffic concerns along Albion Road between Bank Street and Lester Road.
- Open Ottawa: The City provides free access to data and information through its Open Ottawa data portal. As part of the City’s Smart City 2.0 Strategy, we want to hear your ideas on how to improve the portal and what data sets you would like to see.
- Inspire555: Provide your feedback and inspiration on public art, landscape design and sustainability features for the new Ottawa Public Library (OPL) and Library and Archives Canada (LAC) joint facility at an in-person workshop on August 22, and online until August 27.
- Ottawa Rural Economic Development Strategy: The City is developing a strategy and action plan for economic growth in rural Ottawa. Provide feedback on what we have learned from the first part of engagement until Wednesday, August 14.
- Peer Parenting Support Program: Provide your opinions, ideas, insights and personal experiences to help shape Ottawa Public Health’s Peer Parenting Support Program for new and expecting parents and caregivers.
- Recreation facility infrastructure standards: Share your vision for the recreation facility strategy, feedback on the draft recreation facility infrastructure standards and ideas for indoor arenas.
- Tree by-law review: The City is undertaking a review and update of both of Ottawa’s tree by-laws, and the associated processes and procedures. These by-law updates are key to urban forest sustainability and resiliency in Ottawa. Email your feedback on the City’s current tree by-laws to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, September 9.
- What do you dig about Elgin?: The City is reconstructing Elgin Street between Gloucester and Isabella streets. Highlight your favourite places on or around Elgin Street by pinning the locations on the map.
- William Street Pilot Project: This new hangout space opened in the ByWard Market in June and will be open until Monday, August 12. Please fill out a short survey to share your thoughts on the project. Data and feedback will inform plans for the ByWard Market Public Realm Plan.
The City offers residents a variety of opportunities to engage, share information and collaborate. You can weigh in on different online engagement opportunities using the City’s new innovative engagement platform, Engage Ottawa. See a full list of current engagement opportunities by visiting our public engagement event page.