The City will be holding six bilingual online facilitated consultation sessions to get your opinions and ideas on the City’s first-ever combined Parks and Recreation Facilities Master Plan (PRFMP), in support of the new Official Plan (OP).
You are invited to share your knowledge and experiences to help us plan for the future of municipal parks, recreation and community activity spaces. We want to hear from residents, community associations, sports organizations, arts and cultural organizations, the homebuilders, residents interested in accessibility, equity and diversity and other recreation partners and user groups. Targeted stakeholder outreach with school boards, colleges and universities and the Nation Capital Commission (NCC) are also being planned.
The sessions will gather input on satisfaction with the number and location of existing parks and recreation facilities; to learn about gaps and barriers that exist; to identify trends in park and facility use, and to receive your suggestions for future enhancements. The feedback from public consultations will assist in developing recommendations to Council for new parks and recreation facilities and the improvement of existing recreation to meet Ottawa’s projected growth by 2031.
To participate, register on the Parks and Recreation Facilities Master Plan page on Engage.Ottawa.ca for one of the following virtual bilingual consultation sessions:
- Wednesday, February 17, 2021 from 9:30 to 11:30 am; Register here
- Monday, February 22, 2021 from 1 to 3 pm; Register here
- Tuesday, February 23, 2021 from 1 to 3 pm; Register here
- Tuesday, February 23, 2021 from 7 to 9 pm; Register here
- Wednesday, February 24, 2021 from 7 to 9 pm; Register here (see note below on session focus)
- Thursday, February 25, 2021 from 9:30 to 11:30 am; Register here
All sessions, including the presentation and breakout discussion, will be offered in English and French. Upon registration, registrants will indicate their preferred language and they will receive a link for either the English or French session.
The February 24 session will be co-hosted by Ottawa Sport Council and will focus on sports fields and the wide range of outdoor and indoor sports courts and amenities and the needs of sport clubs and organizations.
If you require a disability related accommodation to fully participate in this event, please contact 613-580-2424 ext. 25192 or RCFS-PublicEngagement@ottawa.ca. For deaf community members, our facilitators can engage using Canada Video Relay Service or via the chat within the meeting.
For those who cannot attend the live virtual sessions, you can have your say:
- Two online surveys – on Engage.Ottawa.ca
- Parks and Outdoor Recreation Facilities survey: open now until Sunday, February 21
- Indoor Recreation Facilities survey: open now until Friday, March 12
- Email us:
- Send us a note:
- City of Ottawa c/o Parks and Recreation Facilities Master Plan, Attention: 26-51,100 Constellation Drive, Ottawa, ON, K2G 7E6
The plan will go to the Community and Protective Services Committee and Council for approval in Fall 2021. It will be a contributing document to the City’s Official Plan.