A section of Highway 417, between Metcalfe Street and Carling/Kirkwood Avenues, is scheduled to fully close in both directions starting at 8 pm on Friday, September 30 and slated to reopen at 6 am on Tuesday, October 4, resulting in significant traffic impacts.
Lane reductions and ramp closures are scheduled to start at 7 pm on Friday, with the full closure of Highway 417 scheduled to be in place by 8 pm. The closures are required to replace the bridge over Rochester Street.
The following access ramps will also close:
- O’Connor westbound
- Lyon westbound (ongoing)
- Bronson westbound (ongoing)
- Rochester westbound (ongoing)
- Parkdale westbound
- Maitland eastbound
- Carling/Kirkwood eastbound
- Parkdale eastbound
In addition, several municipal road closures are required for this construction:
- Rochester Street closed between Gladstone Avenue and Aberdeen Street from Tuesday, September 20 to Tuesday, October 11.
- Booth Street southbound closed between Gladstone Avenue and Raymond Street from 5pm Friday, September 30 to 6am Tuesday, October 4.
- Booth Street northbound closed between Carling Avenue and Raymond Street from 5pm Friday, September 30 to 6am Tuesday, October 4.
- Daniel McCann Street closed between Booth Street and Lebreton Street South from 5pm Friday, September 30 to 6am Tuesday, October 4.
- Norman Street closed between Booth Street and Rochester Street from 5pm Friday, September 30 to 6am Tuesday, October 4.
- Raymond Street remains closed between Booth Street and Rochester Street while Orangeville Street remains closed between Rochester Street and Lebreton Street South to facilitate the construction staging (ongoing long-term).
The following detours will be in effect during the closure:
Westbound detour for Highway 417 closure
- Westbound motorists must exit the highway at Metcalfe Street
- Continue westbound on Catherine Street
- Continue onto Raymond Street
- Turn left on Booth Street
- Turn right on Carling Avenue
Take Highway 417 westbound access ramp from Carling Avenue
Eastbound detour for Highway 417 closure
- Eastbound motorists must exit the highway at Carling/Kirkwood Avenue
- Continue eastbound on Carling Avenue
- Turn left on Bronson Avenue
- Turn right on Chamberlain Avenue
- Continue onto Isabella Street
- Take Highway 417 eastbound access ramp at Metcalfe Street
City of Ottawa