The Highway 417 eastbound exit ramp at Nicholas Street is scheduled to close from 6 pm on Wednesday, September 30 until 6 am on Friday, October 2.
The closure is required to do preparatory work for demolition of the old Nicholas Street bridge scheduled for October 3 and 4. The work is part of the MTO’s Nicholas Street underpass replacement.
The following eastbound detour options will be in effect during the closure:
- Eastbound motorists must exit Highway 417 at Kent Street
- Turn right on Slater Street
- Cross the Mackenzie King Bridge
- Turn right at ramp to Nicholas Street southbound to access downtown and Sandy Hill areas or turn left at Waller Street to access Byward Market area, City of Gatineau and beyond
- Eastbound motorists must exit Highway 417 at Vanier Parkway
- Turn left on Vanier Parkway
- Turn right on Highway 417 westbound access ramp
- Take next exit for Nicholas Street