The City of Ottawa would like to remind residents of the following schedule changes for the holiday season, from Monday, December 24, 2018 to Wednesday, January 2, 2019.
- Ottawa City Hall and all seven client service centres, including the Government Service Centre located at 110 Laurier Avenue West, will be closed on December 25, December 26 and January 1.
- The City’s Provincial Offences Court, including the courts located at 100 Constellation Crescent, will be closed on December 25, December 26 and January 1.
- Rural client service centres (Metcalfe, West Carleton and North Gower) will operate on a reduced schedule, from 8:30 am to noon from Tuesday, December 18 to Thursday, December 20. They will be closed from Tuesday, December 25 to Thursday, January 3. The centres normally operate three days a week and regular business will resume on Tuesday, January 8.
- The City’s 3-1-1 Contact Centre will be open for urgent matters requiring the City’s immediate attention. Call 3-1-1 or 613-580-2400 (TTY: 613-580-2401) to speak to a client service representative.
Green bin, recycling and garbage collection
- There will be no curbside or multi-residential green bin, recycling, garbage or bulky item collection on Christmas Day. Christmas Day’s pickup will take place on Boxing Day and all collection will be delayed by one day for the remainder of the week. New Year’s Day pick-up will take place on Wednesday, January 2 and all collection will be delayed by one day for the remainder of the week.
- The Trail Road waste facility will be closed on Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
- Christmas trees will be picked up on your regular collection day. Please remove all decorations. Christmas trees in plastic bags will not be collected.
- Free parking will be available at City Hall, 110 Laurier Avenue West, from Monday, December 24 at 6 pm to Thursday, December 27 at 6 am, and from Monday, December 31 at 6 pm to Wednesday, January 2 at 6 am.
- The ByWard Market Garage at 70 Clarence Street and the Dalhousie Garage at 141 Clarence Street will offer free parking from Monday, December 24 at 5 pm to Wednesday, December 26 at 7 am, and from Monday, December 31 at 5 pm to Wednesday, January 2 at 7 am.
- All other City of Ottawa parking regulations and restrictions will apply.
- OC Transpo will operate on a reduced schedule from December 24 through December 28 and from December 31 through January 4. Timetables are available at octranspo.com and octranspo.mobi. Call 613-560-1000 or text 560560 plus your four-digit bus stop number for real-time schedule information. For more information, holiday schedules and travel planning, call 613-741-4390 or visit octranspo.com.
- A family or group can travel all day for the cost of one DayPass with the Family DayPass, which can be purchased for $10.50 from the bus operator when boarding, or from a ticket machine at any O-Train Line 2 station. A family or group can include up to six people, with a maximum of two people aged 13 or older.
- OC Transpo and Para Transpo will offer free service after 8 pm on New Year’s Eve.
- The Rideau Centre OC Transpo Customer Service Centre will be closed on Christmas Day and New Year’s Day. It will be open on Boxing Day from 8 am to 8 pm. Customer Service Centres at the Lincoln Fields, Place d’Orléans and St-Laurent Stations will be closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day, and New Year’s Day.
- OC Transpo Transit Information (613-741-4390) will be open throughout the holidays to help customers with schedules and trip planning:
- Christmas Eve, 7 am to 9 pm
- Christmas Day, 9 am to 5 pm
- Boxing Day, 7 am to 9 pm
- New Year’s Eve, 7 am to 9 pm
- New Year’s Day, 9 am to 5 pm
- STO users can plan their trip using Plani-bus.
- School trips will not operate from Monday, December 24 to Friday, January 4.
- Para Transpo will operate a holiday service on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day. Regularly scheduled trips on these days will be automatically cancelled, but customers may book trips for these days by calling 613-244‑7272 on or after:
- December 18, for Christmas Day bookings
- December 19, for Boxing Day bookings
- December 25, for New Year’s Day bookings
- Customers are reminded to suspend any other regular bookings if they will be on vacation during the holiday season.
- Para Transpo’s taxi coupon booking line (613-842-3670) will be closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day, and New Year’s Day. The line for reservations and cancellations (613-244-7272) will be open regular hours.
- OC Transpo Customer Relations (613-842-3600) will be closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day, and New Year’s Day.
- Pools, arenas and fitness centres will be operating on modified schedules during the holiday season, including public swimming, fitness and public skating facilities. Please check ottawa.ca for schedules.
- Most registered programs at community centres, arenas and swimming pools will be cancelled. Clients should check with their facility to confirm, as some exceptions will apply.
- Holiday schedules for outdoor rinks, such as the Sens Rink of Dreams, Lansdowne Park skating court, Ben Franklin Place skating rink and Jim Tubman Chevrolet Sens Rink can be found at ottawa.ca/skating. Check the alert status on the homepage of ottawa.ca to confirm that the rink is open.
Ottawa Public Health
- The Sexual Health Clinic and satellite clinics will be closed on Boxing Day and New Year’s Day.
- The Site Program at 179 Clarence Street, including supervised consumption services, will operate on a regular schedule over the holidays:
- Christmas Eve, 9 am to 9 pm
- Christmas Day, 9 am to 9 pm
- Boxing Day, 9 am to 9 pm
- New Year’s Eve, 9 am to 9 pm
- New Year’s Day, 9 am to 9 pm
- The Site Program mobile van will follow the schedule below:
- Christmas Eve, closed. Please visit 179 Clarence Street or call the Somerset West Community Health Centre NESI van (613-761-0003) for mobile harm-reduction services.
- Christmas Day, 5 to 11:30 pm
- Boxing Day, 5 to 11:30 pm
- New Year’s Eve, 5 to 11:30 pm
- New Year’s Day, 5 to 11:30 pm
- Please refer to Ottawa Public Health’s website for hours of operation for the Parenting in Ottawa Drop-ins.
- The Dental Clinics will be closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day.
- The Ottawa Public Health Information Centre will be closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day. Staff will respond to phone messages and inquiries within one business day. Find the latest health information at OttawaPublicHealth.ca.
- The Karsh-Masson Gallery, City Hall Art Gallery and Barbara Ann Scott Gallery at City Hall will operate on a regular schedule throughout the holidays.
- All other City of Ottawa arts centres, galleries, theatres and museums will be closed. Clients should check ottawa.ca or their facility to confirm, as some exceptions may apply.
- The City of Ottawa Archives Reference Services and Gallery 112 will be closed from Sunday, December 23 and will reopen on Wednesday, January 2.
Municipal child-care services
- All Municipal child-care centres will be closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day.
- Parents are advised to check operating hours with their childcare centres during the holiday season.
- All branches and services of the Ottawa Public Library will be closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day. Branches and services will operate normally from December 27 through December 30. On Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve, most branches will close at 3 pm, and some branches will be closed both days. Branches that normally close before 3 pm will maintain regular hours. Visit the OPL website for hours at specific branches. Library services are available 24/7 via the OPL website.