Starting on Wednesday, September 22, proof of full COVID-19 vaccination will be required for those 12 and older to enter City recreation and cultural facilities, with some exceptions identified below.
Upon entering a recreation centre, swimming pool, arena, or theatre venue, a person must have an electronic or hard copy of their vaccination receipt confirming two doses received at least 14 days prior, and a piece of valid identification, such as:
- Driver’s licence
- Health Card
- Birth certificate
Without a proof of vaccination, a person cannot access indoor recreational or cultural activities, including:
- Lane and public swims
- Fitness classes – including Aquafit
- Weight/Cardio drop-ins
- Instructional cooking, music or art classes
- Adult sports or drop-in activities
- Theatre or studio performance or cinema
- Rented spaces
Adults who accompany children or youth into a facility for activities – including but not limited to swimming lessons or Learn-to-Skate activities – require proof they have been fully vaccinated.
Residents are reminded to arrive a few minutes earlier before the scheduled session or activity. All COVID-related protocols remain in place – including reservations, capacity limits, masking and physical distancing.
- Organized sports for youth between the ages of 12 and 17, including on ice sports, sport leagues, badminton, table tennis, tennis, ball hockey, martial arts, dance, basketball, swimming lessons, aquatic certification courses or volleyball. However, this youth age group will require proof of vaccination for recreational swims, use of a cardio and weight room or attending an activity or sporting event as a spectator.
- Religious ceremonies, funeral services or wedding ceremonies hosted in City facilities (This does not include any social gatherings occurring before or after these events)
- Brief entry to use the washroom, pick up a participant, seek information or make a payment.
Other City facilities and in-person services
Other City facilities and in-person services do not require proof of vaccination. These services and facilities include:
- Service Ottawa Client Service Centres
- Building Code Services
- Ottawa Public Library branches – with possible exceptions for meeting and program rooms
- Transit – including transit stations
- Employment and Social Services and Rent Supplement Program Offices
- Business Licensing Centre
- Provincial Offence Act Court