Construction has begun on the Kanata South Link project, a $39 million project that aims to improve safety and traffic flow based on growing demands in the southwest areas of the city, including Kanata, Stittsville and Rideau-Goulbourn.
We are widening Old Richmond Road from Hope Side Road to West Hunt Club Road, and West Hunt Club Road from Old Richmond Road to approximately 200 metres east of Moodie Drive. Other work on this project includes:
- Roundabouts at three intersections along Old Richmond Road: at Hope Side Road; at Stonehaven Drive; and at West Hunt Club Road
- Intersection improvements at West Hunt Club Road and Moodie Drive
- Utility upgrades including street lighting
- Asphalt resurfacing of Hope Side Road
- Significant tree removal along the road corridor to accommodate construction
Every effort is being made to reduce impacts of construction. To stay up to date on the latest news about this project, please sign up for the Kanata South Link newsletter. The project is expected to be completed by late 2020.