The City of Ottawa would like to remind residents of the following schedule changes and impacts to City services for the Labour Day holiday on Monday, September 5.
Client Service Centres
- The City’s 3-1-1 Contact Centre will be open for urgent matters only. Please visit ottawa.ca/311 for more information.
- The Client Services Centres at Ottawa City Hall, Ben Franklin Place, 580 Terry Fox Drive, 255 Centrum Boulevard and the City’s Provincial Offences Court at 100 Constellation Drive will be closed.
- The Business Licensing Centre at 735 Industrial Avenue will be closed.
Green bin, recycling and garbage collection
- There will be no curbside green bin, recycling, garbage or bulky item collection on Monday, September 5. Collection scheduled for Monday will be collected on Tuesday, September 6. Collection will be delayed by one day for the rest of the week.
- Multi-residential garbage containers will be collected on the regular collection day. Multi-residential bulky items, recycling, and green bin collection scheduled for Monday, September 5 will be collected on Tuesday, September 6. Collection for these items will also be delayed by one day for the rest of the week.
- The Trail Waste Facility will be open on Monday, September 5.
- All City parking regulations and restrictions apply.
- OC Transpo bus service, O-Train Line 1 service, and O-Train Line 2 bus service will operate on a new Fall Sunday schedule. Use OC Transpo’s Travel Planner to plan your trip.
- Special weekend service to summer destinations will operate, with service to:
- the Canada Aviation and Space Museum on Route 25
- Petrie Island on Route 139
- the Canada Agriculture and Food Museum on Route 185
- The whole family can ride all day on a Family DayPass for only $11.25. A family can be made up of as many as six people, with a maximum of two aged 13 and older.
- OC Transpo Customer Service (613-560-5000) will be open from 7 am to 9 pm.
- OC Transpo’s Rideau Centre Customer Service Centre will be open from 10 am to 6 pm. You can book an appointment in advance using OC Transpo’s Virtual Line.
- All other OC Transpo Customer Service Centres are currently closed.
- OC Transpo Lost and Found (Heartwood House) will be closed on Monday, September 5.
- For Para Transpo Services:
- Para Transpo will operate on a holiday service on Monday, September 5.
- Regular bookings on Monday, September 5, are automatically cancelled.
- Customers can book trips for Labour Day starting on Monday, August 29, by using My Para Transpo or calling 613-560-5000.
- The Taxi Coupon phone line will be closed.
- The reservations phone line will be open from 7 am to 5 pm, while the trip information and cancellation line will be open from 6 am to 12:30 am.
- For more information on Labour Day service, visit octranspo.com or call 613-560-5000. You can also connect with OC Transpo through Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Recreation and cultural services
- Some indoor pools, arenas as well as recreation and fitness centres will operate on modified schedules. Please check ottawa.ca for details.
- Please note that some regular public swims may be cancelled on short notice due to a shortage of lifeguards. It is recommended you confirm by checking with the facility before leaving home.
- Beaches at Mooney’s Bay, Britannia and Petrie Island are no longer supervised by lifeguards. August 28 was the last day for lifeguard supervision at beaches.
- Wading pools are closed for the season.
- Splash pads remain open.
- Most art centres and museums will be closed on Monday, September 5. Please check with the centre or museum directly for details.
- City Hall Art Gallery and Karsh-Masson Gallery will be closed on Monday, September 5.
- Shenkman Arts Centre and Meridian Theatres @ Centrepointe will be closed on Monday, September 5.
- The City of Ottawa Archives and Gallery 112 will be closed on Monday, September 5.
Ottawa Public Health
- Visit the OPH COVID-19 Vaccine page for vaccination clinic hours and availability.
- Visit the OPH COVID-19 Testing page for testing centre and care clinic hours and availability.
- The Ottawa Public Health COVID-19 Vaccine Booking Line will be closed on Monday, September 5.
- The Sexual Health Clinic and satellite clinics will be closed.
- The Site program office and supervised consumption services at 179 Clarence Street will be closed. The Site mobile van will operate from 5 pm to 11:30 pm.
- The Ottawa Public Health Information Centre and COVID-19 Information Line will be closed.
- Dental clinics will be closed.
- The Parenting-In-Ottawa drop-ins will be closed.
Community and Social Services
- The Bernard Grandmaître respite centre at 309 McArthur Avenue will be closed on Monday, September 5.
Municipal child care services
- All municipal child care centres will be closed.
- All Ottawa Public Library branches will be closed on Monday, September 5. Virtual services, loans and programs can be accessed on the Ottawa Public Library website.
For more information on City programs and services, visit ottawa.ca, call 3-1-1 (TTY: 613-580-2401) or 613-580-2400 to contact the City using Canada Video Relay Service. You can also connect with us through Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.