Friday, September 30 marks Canada’s second National Day for Truth and Reconciliation. This day provides an opportunity to bring awareness to the painful legacy and impacts of the residential school system and advance our reconciliation efforts. To learn more, please visit Honouring the National Day for Truth and Reconciliation.
The following services will operate on different schedules on Friday, September 30.
Client Service Centres
- The City’s 3-1-1 Contact Centre will be open for urgent matters only. Please visit ottawa.ca/311 for more information.
- The Client Services Centres at Ottawa City Hall, Ben Franklin Place, 580 Terry Fox Drive, 255 Centrum Boulevard and the City’s Provincial Offences Court at 100 Constellation Drive will be closed.
- The Business Licensing Centre at 735 Industrial Avenue will be closed.
Green bin, recycling and garbage collection
- Curbside green bin, recycling, garbage or bulky item collection will take place as usual on Friday, September 30.
- Multi-residential garbage and recycling containers, green bin and bulky item collection will take place as usual on Friday, September 30.
- The Trail Waste Facility will be open on Friday, September 30.
- All City parking regulations and restrictions apply.
- OC Transpo bus service, O-Train Line 1 service, and O-Train Line 2 bus service will operate on a weekday schedule. Use OC Transpo’s Travel Planner to plan your trip.
- OC Transpo Customer Service (613-560-5000) will be open from 7 am to 9 pm.
- OC Transpo’s Rideau Centre Customer Service Centre will be open from 10 am to 6 pm. You can book an appointment in advance using OC Transpo’s Virtual Line.
- All other OC Transpo Customer Service Centres are currently closed.
- OC Transpo Lost and Found (Heartwood House) will be closed on Friday, September 30.
- For Para Transpo Services:
- Para Transpo will operate on regular service on Friday, September 30.
- Regular bookings on Friday, September 30, are not automatically cancelled.
- Customers can book trips for the National Day of Truth and Reconciliation starting on Friday, September 23, by using My Para Transpo or calling 613-560-5000.
- The Taxi Coupon phone line will be closed.
- The reservations phone line will be open from 7 am to 5 pm, while the trip information and cancellation line will be open from 6 am to 12:30 am.
- For more information on National Day for Truth and Reconciliation transit service, visit octranspo.com or call 613-560-5000. You can also connect with OC Transpo through Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Recreation and cultural services
- Some indoor pools, arenas as well as recreation and fitness centres will operate on modified schedules. Please check ottawa.ca for details.
- Please note that some regular public swims may be cancelled on short notice due to a shortage of lifeguards. It is recommended you confirm by checking with the facility before leaving home.
- Most art centres and museums will be closed on Friday, September 30. Please check with the centre or museum directly for details.
- City Hall Art Gallery and Karsh-Masson Gallery will be closed on Friday, September 30.
- Meridian Theatres @ Centrepointe will be closed on Friday, September 30.
- The City of Ottawa Archives, Barbara Ann Scott Gallery, and Gallery 112 will be closed on Friday, September 30.
Ottawa Public Health
- Visit the OPH COVID-19 Vaccine page for vaccination clinic hours and availability.
- Visit the OPH COVID-19 Testing page for testing centre and care clinic hours and availability.
- The Ottawa Public Health COVID-19 Vaccine Booking Line will be closed on Friday, September 30.
- The Sexual Health Clinic and satellite clinics will be closed.
- The Site program office and supervised consumption services at 179 Clarence Street will be closed. The Site mobile van will operate from 5 pm to 11:30 pm.
- The Ottawa Public Health Information Centre and COVID-19 Information Line will be closed.
- Dental clinics will be closed.
- The Parenting-In-Ottawa drop-ins will be closed.
Community and Social Services
- The Bernard Grandmaître respite centre at 309 McArthur Avenue will be closed on Friday, September 30.
Municipal child care services
- All municipal child care centres will be closed.
- Some Ottawa Public Library branches will be open on Friday, September 30. To see if your branch is open, or to explore virtual services, loans and programs, visit Ottawa Public Library website.
Residents are also reminded that Highway 417 is scheduled to close from Metcalfe to Carling around 7 pm on Friday, September 30 to 6 am on Tuesday, October 4.
For more information on City programs and services, visit ottawa.ca, call 3-1-1 (TTY: 613-580-2401) or 613-580-2400 to contact the City using Canada Video Relay Service. You can also connect with us through Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.