The O-Train’s Confederation Line is two-weeks old and whether you’ve been riding since day one, or you’re about to take your first trip, we’ve compiled a few tips for you to make the most out of your transit experience.
- Use all the doors for boarding – The train has 14 doors to speed up boarding. Take advantage of the space! If everyone spreads out from one end to the other, it will help speed up boarding. If you have a bike, use the first door at the front of the train. That’s where the green marked bike area is.
- Let others get off first – Before you board the train, let your fellow riders get off first. Not only is it the courteous thing to do, it also speeds up boarding and makes everyone’s trip faster and more comfortable.
- Don’t hold the doors – If you’re worried about missing the train, there’s another one on the way within minutes. Holding the doors open can cause delays and slow down service.
- Making a transfer is easy – When you get off the train and transfer to a bus at Tunney’s Pasture, Hurdman and Blair stations, you are already inside the fare-paid zone. That means you don’t have to tap or show your pass on the bus. Just walk onto the bus through any door – even the back doors on the short buses!
- Look for the red vests – OC Transpo staff in red vests are available to help you and answer questions at key locations across the city. But that’s not the only way to get help. You can also:
- Call 613-560-1000 for real-time schedule information 24/7
- Text 560560 plus the four-digit bus stop number
- Visit octranspo.com
- Check the brochure that arrived in the mail the week of September 23.