A new noise exemption is being granted today to allow mosques to broadcast a 5-minute call to prayer at sundown each day until May 23, in recognition of the holy month of Ramadan.
This noise exemption has been permitted in recognition of Ramadan and in light of the Provincial Order prohibiting the gathering of more than five people.
Residents are reminded to continue to follow the health precautions recommended by Ottawa Public Health:
- Stay home if sick
- Practice physical distancing
- Stay home as much as possible
- Stay at least 2 metres (6 feet) away from people outside of your household
- Wash your hands with soap and water thoroughly and often
- Do not touch your face with unwashed hands
- Clean phones, other devices and frequently touched surfaces regularly
This information is subject to change based on further developments related to COVID-19. For information about impacts of COVID-19 on City programs and services, visit Ottawa.ca.