The City of Ottawa recognizes outstanding achievements in heritage conservation with the Ottawa Heritage Awards. The application period for the 2019 to 2022 awards is now open. The deadline for applications is Friday, November 4, 2022.
There are two types of awards, those that are project-based, and one that is for a community member/group.
Project awards may be presented in seven categories:
- Restoration: Returning a heritage resource to its original form, material and integrity.
- Adaptive Reuse: Adapting an old building for a new purpose while retaining its heritage character.
- Infill: New construction in a historic context.
- Addition: New additions to historic buildings.
- Government: Awarded to a restoration project at a public sector property.
- Heritage Grants: Awarded to recipients of funding under the Heritage Grant Program for Building Restoration.
- Other: This category will change depending on the projects submitted in a given year. Projects could include engineering projects (i.e. bridge restoration) or landscaping projects (i.e. restoration of historic gardens or parks).
Some projects may qualify in more than one category. Please note that projects related to properties owned by the federal government will only qualify for the "Government" category.
Projects completed between January 2019 and December 2022 are eligible. For more information or to nominate a heritage property, visit ottawa.ca.
Awards will be presented in January 2023.
For more information on City programs and services, visit ottawa.ca or call 3-1-1 (TTY: 613-580-2401). or 613-580-2400 to contact the City using Canada Video Relay Service. You can also connect with us through Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.