OC Transpo’s winter service starts on Sunday, January 5 and includes schedule changes and improvements to bus service. Visit octranspo.com and use the Travel Planner to see if your regular trips will change. You can also call 613-560-1000 or text 560560 plus the four‑digit bus stop number or first three letters of the station name.
Bus service improvements
OC Transpo is changing schedules to improve reliability, providing more frequent bus service on busy routes and making minor routing changes. The changes, based on customer feedback, will reduce platform crowding at busy stations and provide service when and where it is most needed.
OC Transpo is adding new trips and more frequent service on routes 6, 7, 12, 19, 24, 30, 38, 39, 55, 61, 63, 75, 90, 257, 262, 272, 275, 277 and 278.
- Route 12 will go to Parliament Station, improving connections with O-Train Line 1. Westbound trips will take Wellington Street to Parliament Station at O’Connor and Queen streets, where eastbound trips will begin.
- Route 15 eastbound will travel along Queen Street to Elgin Street.
- Connexion Route 222 will run seven to 10 minutes earlier in the mornings, and afternoon trips will run 10 minutes later, to improve connections with O-Train Line 1.
- Connexion Routes 258, 282 and 284 will serve all stations along the Transitway during peak morning and afternoon hours.
- Route 75 will have additional afternoon service on the Transitway starting Monday, January 6. It will leave Tunney’s Pasture Station every five minutes between 2:30 and 7 pm and travel to Westboro, Dominion, Lincoln Fields, Queensway, Iris and Baseline stations. Routes 74, 82, 83, 84 and 284 also stop at these stations.
- Routes 270, 271, 272, 273, 275, 277 and 278 will run non-stop from Tunney’s Pasture Station to Fallowfield Station in the afternoons, starting Monday, January 6. To get to Baseline Station from Tunney’s Pasture Station, take route 74, 75, 82, 83, 84 or 284. To get from Baseline Station to Barrhaven, take route 74 or 75 to Fallowfield Station and transfer to your local or Connexion route.
Bus routes to Gloucester High School, Colonel By High School and École secondaire Omer-Deslauriers will be adjusted to better match bell times.
Real-time schedule information is available 24 hours a day by calling 613-560-1000 or texting 560560 plus the four‑digit bus stop number. For more details on winter service, travel planning assistance and new timetables, visit octranspo.com or call 613-741-4390. Printed timetables will be available at OC Transpo customer service centres starting Monday, January 6.
O-Train Line 1
OC Transpo continues to make changes to improve the customer experience on O-Train Line 1, including:
- Installing straps on trains to help customers standing on the train
- Installing platform decals near train doors to help with boarding and exiting
- Building covered walkways at Tunney’s Pasture and Hurdman stations to improve comfort
- Adding decorative banners at Tunney’s Pasture and Hurdman stations to improve the customer experience
Visit the O-Line for regular updates on how OC Transpo is improving the train.