Highway 417 between Carling Avenue and Bronson Avenue will be fully closed to traffic from Saturday, August 10 at 6 p.m. to Sunday, August 11 at 11 a.m. Significant delays are expected during the closure.
During this closure, the Ontario Ministry of Transportation (MTO) will be reconfiguring traffic lanes for the next phase of the ongoing highway expansion between Maitland Avenue and Island Park Drive. Additional information regarding the highway expansion is available here.
Westbound on-ramps to Highway 417 at O’Connor Street, Lyon Street, Bronson Avenue, Rochester Street and Parkdale Avenue will be closed during this period.
Eastbound on-ramps to Highway 417 at Maitland Avenue, Carling Avenue and Parkdale Avenue will be closed during this period. The Carling Avenue on-ramp to Highway 417 eastbound will continue to remain closed for a period of seven weeks following this work.
During the 17-hour closure of Highway 417, the following detours will be in effect (see maps):
- Westbound motorists must exit the highway at Bronson Avenue onto Catherine Street
- Proceed via Catherine Street westbound onto Raymond Street
- Proceed via Raymond Street westbound to Booth Street
- Proceed via Booth Street southbound to Carling Avenue
- Proceed via Carling Avenue westbound onto the westbound Highway 417 on-ramp at Kirkwood Avenue (west of the fire station)
- Eastbound motorists must exit the highway at Carling Avenue and continue east to Bronson Avenue
- Proceed via Bronson Avenue northbound to Chamberlain Avenue
- Proceed via Chamberlain Avenue eastbound onto Isabella Street
- Proceed via Isabella Street eastbound onto the eastbound Highway 417 on-ramp at Metcalfe Street
The MTO has advised that there may be lane closures before and after the full closure, beginning at 9 p.m. Friday, August 9 until 6 a.m. Monday, August 12.
The public is advised to plan all trips well in advance as significant delays are expected during the closure. There are many other transportation options including OC Transpo, carpooling and other alternative forms of transportation to get around the city while this closure is in place.