The City of Ottawa would like to remind residents of the following schedule changes for Thanksgiving, Monday, October 8.
- Ottawa City Hall and all seven client service centres, including the Government Service Centre located at 110 Laurier Avenue West, will be closed. Business will resume as usual on Tuesday, October 9.
- The City’s Provincial Offences Court, including the courts located at 100 Constellation Crescent, will also be closed. Business will resume as usual on Tuesday, October 9.
- The City’s 3-1-1 Contact Centre will be open for urgent matters requiring the City’s immediate attention. Call 3-1-1 or 613-580-2400 to speak to a customer service representative. For persons with a hearing-related disability, call TTY: 613-580-2401.
Green bin, recycling and garbage collection
- There will be no curbside green bin, recycling or garbage collection. Thanksgiving pick-up will take place on Tuesday, October 9. Collection will be delayed by one day for the rest of the week.
- Multi-residential garbage containers will be collected on the regular scheduled day. Multi-residential recycling containers and green bins will be delayed by one day for the rest of the week.
- The Trail Road waste facility will be closed on Monday, October 8 and resume normal operations on Tuesday, October 9.
- All City of Ottawa parking regulations and restrictions will apply.
- OC Transpo will operate on a Sunday schedule. A family or group can travel all day for the cost of one DayPass with the Family DayPass, which can be purchased for $10.50 from the bus operator when boarding or from a ticket machine at an O-Train Line 2 station. A family or group can include up to six people, with a maximum of two people aged 13 or older.
- Timetables are available at octranspo.com and octranspo.mobi. Call 613-560-1000 or text 560560 plus your four-digit bus stop number for real-time schedule information. For more information, holiday schedules and travel planning, call 613-741-4390 or visit octranspo.com.
- The Rideau Centre OC Transpo Customer Service Centre will be open from 10 am to 6 pm. Customer service centres at Lincoln Fields, Place d’Orléans and St-Laurent will be closed.
- The Transit Information Centre (613-741-4390) will be open from 7 am to 5 pm.
- Para Transpo will operate a holiday service. Regular scheduled trips are automatically cancelled. Customers may book trips for Thanksgiving starting October 1 by calling 613-244-7272.
- Para Transpo operations:
- Taxi coupons (613-842-3670) will be closed.
- The reservations line (613-244-7272) will be open from 7 am to 5 pm.
- The trip cancellation line (613-244-4636) will be open from 6 am to 12:30 am.
- Some indoor pools and fitness centres will be open for public swimming, fitness schedules and public skating with modified schedules.
- Most registered programs at swimming pools, community centres and arenas are cancelled; however, clients should check with their facility to confirm, as some exceptions will apply.
Ottawa Public Health
- The Sexual Health Clinic and satellite clinics will be closed.
- The Site program
- Site office at 179 Clarence Street, including supervised consumption services, will be open as usual from 9 am to 9 pm. The site mobile van will operate on a regular schedule from 5 pm to 11:30 pm.
- The Dental Clinics and Parenting in Ottawa Drop-ins will be closed.
- The Ottawa Public Health Information Centre will be closed; however, you can call and leave a message and inquiries will be responded to within one business day. Find the latest health information on OttawaPublicHealth.ca.
- The Karsh-Masson Gallery, and Barbara Ann Scott Gallery at City Hall will be open.
- All other City of Ottawa arts centres, galleries, theatres and museums will be closed.
- The City of Ottawa Archives Reference Services and Gallery 112 will be closed.
Municipal child care services
- All Municipal child care centres will be closed.
- All branches and services of the Ottawa Public Library will be closed.