The following services will operate on different schedules on Thanksgiving Day, Monday, October 14.
- City Hall and all seven client service centres, including the Government Service Centre at 110 Laurier Avenue West, will be closed. They will reopen on Tuesday, October 15.
- The City’s Provincial Offences Court at 100 Constellation Drive will be closed. It will reopen on Tuesday, October 15.
- The City’s 3-1-1 Contact Centre will be open for urgent matters that require the City’s immediate attention. Call 3-1-1 or 613-580-2400 (TTY: 613-580-2401) to speak to a customer service representative.
Green bin, recycling and garbage collection
- There will be no curbside green bin, recycling or garbage collection. Pickup will resume on Tuesday, October 15. Collection will be delayed by one day for the rest of the week.
- Multi-residential garbage will be collected on the regular scheduled day. Recycling and green bin collection will be delayed by one day for the rest of the week.
- The Trail Waste Facility will be closed.
Parking and roads
- All City parking regulations and restrictions apply.
- There will be free parking at City Hall from Friday, October 11 at 6 pm to Tuesday, October 15 at 6 am.
- OC Transpo service will operate on a Sunday schedule, so only routes that normally run on Sundays will be in service.
- A group of up to six people, with a maximum of two people who are 13 years or older, may travel all day with a Family Pass. Passes can be purchased for $10.75 on the bus or at ticket machines at O-Train Line 1 or Line 2 stations.
- Call 613-560-1000 or text 560560 plus your four-digit bus stop number for automated schedule information.
- For more information, holiday schedules and travel planning, visit octranspo.com or call 613-741-4390.
- The OC Transpo Customer Service Centre at the Rideau Centre will be open from 10 am to 6 pm. The customer service centres at Lincoln Fields, Place d’Orléans and St-Laurent will be closed.
- The OC Transpo customer service and information line (613-741-4390) will be open from 9 am to 5 pm.
- Para Transpo will operate a holiday service. Regular scheduled trips will be cancelled automatically. You can book trips for Thanksgiving starting on Monday, October 7 by calling 613-244-7272.
- Para Transpo:
- Taxi coupons line (613-842-3670) will be closed.
- Reservations line (613-244-7272) will be open from 7 am to 5 pm.
- Trip cancellation and general inquiries line (613-244-4636) will be open from 6 am to midnight.
- Société de transport de l'Outaouais (STO) users can plan their trips using Plani-bus.
- Some indoor pools and fitness centres will be open for public swimming, fitness programs and public skating with modified schedules.
- Most registered programs at swimming pools, community centres and arenas are cancelled. Check with your facility to confirm, as there are some exceptions.
Ottawa Public Health
- The Sexual Health Clinic at 179 Clarence Street and all satellite clinics will be closed.
- Site Needle and Syringe Program:
- The mobile van will run from 5 pm to 11:30 pm.
- The office at 179 Clarence Street will be open from 9 am to 9 pm.
- Dental clinics and Parenting in Ottawa Drop-ins will be closed.
- The Ottawa Public Health Information Centre will be closed. Voicemails and emails will be answered within one business day. For the latest health information, visit OttawaPublicHealth.ca.
- The Karsh-Masson Gallery, Barbara Ann Scott Gallery, City Hall Art Gallery and Ottawa Sports Hall of Fame at City Hall will be open.
- City arts centres, galleries, theatres and museums will be closed.
- The City of Ottawa Archives and Gallery 112 will be closed from Saturday, October 12 to Tuesday, October 15.
Municipal child care
- All municipal child care centres will be closed.
- All Ottawa Public Library branches will be closed.