July 23, 2021
Announcements and Events
The following projects will impact Ottawa traffic:
- Highway 417 will undergo regular biennial inspections of its structures. Weather permitting, both the eastbound and westbound median lanes will close as follows:
- Saturday, July 24 from 6 to 10 am between Clyde and Bronson Avenues
- Saturday, July 25 from 6 to 10 am between Percy Street and Cyrville Road
- Highway 174 – The following Highway 174 ramps and lanes will be closed for Stage 2 LRT roadwork:
- The westbund on-ramp from southbound Montreal Road is closed until 5:30 am on Wednesday, July 28.
- The westbund on-ramp from northbound Champlain Street will close nightly between 9 pm and 5:30 am from Monday, July 26 until Saturday, July 31.
- Albert Street will have one westbound lane closed between Empress and Bronson avenues starting Tuesday, July 27 and ending in late October for the relocation of underground utilities in advance of the complete roadway reconstruction planned to start in winter 2022. Signed detours will be in place for motorists and pedestrians. Cyclists will not be affected. Impacts to bus routes are expected. Please visit octranspo.com for more information.
- Bronson Avenue will have one northbound lane closed between Albert and Slater streets, starting Tuesday, July 27 and ending in late October for the relocation of underground utilities in advance of the complete roadway reconstruction planned to start in winter 2022. Signed detours will be in place for motorists and pedestrians. Cyclists will not be affected.
- Mitch Owens Road will close between Bank Street and Albion Road starting at 7 pm on Friday, July 23 and reopening at 6 am on Monday, July 26 as part of a watermain replacement project. Signed detours will be in place. Local access will be maintained.
- River Road will have intermittent lane closures nightly between 7 pm and 6 am south of Mitch Owens Road, from Monday July 26 until Saturday July 31 for road resurfacing. Signs and personnel will be onsite to direct traffic, cyclists and pedestrians. Local access will be maintained.
- Vanier Parkway will have intermittent lane interruptions between Highway 417 and McArthur Avenue during off-peak hours and overnight between 8 pm and 6 am starting Sunday, July 25 until the end of August, due to resurfacing. Signs will be in place. Pedestrian and cyclist access will be maintained. Temporary impacts to bus stops may be required. Visit octranspo.com for more information.
The City of Ottawa has tools on ottawa.ca to help motorists and transit customers plan their routes and manage their commute, including:
- City of Ottawa Traffic Report – outlining citywide road closures, traffic restrictions and detours
- Travel Planner at octranspo.com – transit customers can plan routes
- Interactive traffic map – showing construction areas and live traffic cameras throughout the city
- Ministry of Transportation of Ontario (MTO) cameras
- Cycling maps and information – detailing bicycle pathways and lanes throughout the city