October 15, 2021
Announcements and Events
The following projects will impact Ottawa traffic:
- Woodroffe Avenue northbound will have lane reductions between Fallowfield Road and Grenfell Crescent on weekdays from 10 am to 7 pm starting Monday, October 18 until early November for multi-use pathway reconstruction. Pedestrian and cycling access will be maintained.
- Highway 417 will have intermittent overnight lane closures on the shoulder lanes in both directions between Eagleson Road/March Road and Terry Fox Drive on weeknights from October 15 until mid November, for rehabilitation work on the Marianne Wilkinson Pedestrian Bridge. The closures are required to ensure the safety of the workers on the bridge structure. The pedestrian bridge will be closed 9 pm to 6 am weeknights during
rehabilitation activities. Signage will be placed on site in advance of the closures.
- Bank Street from Mitch Owens Road to Rideau Road will be closed in both directions from 5 am on Sunday, October 17 until 5 am on Monday, October 18 for the installation of a culvert. A signed detour will be in place and local access will be maintained.
- The following Highway 174 ramps and lanes will be closed for Stage 2 LRT roadwork:
- Eastbound lanes between Champlain Street and Trim Road will be closed from October 22 at 7 pm until October 25 at 5:30 am.
- The eastbound on-ramp from Saint Joseph Road at Tenth Line Road will be closed from October 22 at 7 pm until October 25 at 5:30 am.
- The eastbound on-ramp from Champlain Street will be closed from October 22 at 7 pm until October 25 at 5:30 am.
- Southbound Montreal Road will be reduced to one lane under the OR 174 interchange until mid-November.
- A section of Montreal Road under the OR 174 interchange will close nightly between 10 pm and 5:30 am until October 16. Signed detours will be present.
- Edgeworth Avenue from Lawn Avenue to Richmond Road will be closed until October 31. Local access will be maintained.
- Byron Avenue is closed between Woodland and Harcourt daily from 7 am to 5 pm until October 31, and between Lockhart and Sherbourne daily from 7 am to 5 pm, until October 31.
- Pretoria Bridge – Hawthorne Avenue will be closed to motorists between Colonel By Drive and Queen Elizabeth Drive on Sunday, October 17 from 6 am to 2 pm for maintenance on Pretoria Bridge. Pedestrian and cyclist access will be maintained.