October 8, 2021
Announcements and Events
The following projects and events will impact Ottawa traffic:
- Onigam Street, leading to Lemieux Island, will close to all traffic as of Tuesday, October 12 to allow for the safe construction access to the work zone of the Chief William Commanda new multi-use pathway and bridge rehabilitation project. Lemieux Island will close to the public until the completion of the project in summer 2024. Day-to-day operations of the Lemieux Island Water Purification Plant will not be affected by this closure.
- Main Street will close in both directions from Colonel By Drive to Greenfield Avenue starting Friday, October 15 until late December for sewer, watermain renewal and intersection upgrades. Local access, as well as cyclist and pedestrian use, will be maintained. A signed pedestrian and cyclist detour will be in place.
- Echo Drive will close near Main Street in both directions from Friday, October 15 until late December for sewer, watermain renewal and intersection upgrades. The north side of Echo Drive will temporarily become a two-way roadway up to Concord Avenue to allow local access. Pedestrians and cyclists will be accommodated throughout the work zone.
- Terry Fox Drive, between March Road and Innovation Drive, will have intermittent lane closures during off-peak hours starting Tuesday, October 12 until early November for the removal and installation of a new bus shelter. Signs for pedestrian and cycling detours will be in place, when required.
- Starting Monday, October 11 until mid November, there will be intermittent nightly closures of the Marianne Wilkinson Pedestrian Bridge from 9 pm to 6 am on weekdays to facilitate bridge rehabilitation work. Pedestrians and cyclists are encouraged to plan an alternate route. Overnight 417 lane closures, as well as on-ramp closures at Kanata Avenue, March Road and Terry Fox Drive will occur as the project progresses, further updates to follow. Signage will be placed onsite in advance of closures.
- Ramsayville Road will be closed at Highway 417 between Friday, October 8 at 8 pm until Monday, October 11 at 6 am to facilitate the demolition of the existing Highway 417 WB Ramsayville structure. Signed detours will be present.
- The following Highway 174 ramps and lanes will be closed for Stage 2 LRT roadwork:
- The westbund on-ramp from northbound Montreal Road will be closed between 9 pm and 5:30 am on Saturday, October 9.
- The westbund on-ramp from northbound Jeanne d’Arc Boulevard is closed nightly between 9 pm and 5:30 am until Saturday, October 9.
- The westbund on-ramp from southbound Montreal Road is closed nightly between 9 pm and 5:30 am until Saturday, October 9.
- The westbund off-ramp to Tenth Line Road will close nightly between 9 pm to 5:30 am until Saturday, October 9.
- The westbund on-ramp from northbound Tenth Line Road will close nightly between 9 pm to 5:30 am until Saturday, October 9.
- The westbund on-ramp from northbound Jeanne d’Arc Boulevard will close nightly between 9 pm and 5:30 am from Tuesday, October 12 until Saturday, October 16.
- Montreal Road
- Southbound Montreal Road will reduce to one lane under the Highway 174 interchange until mid November.
- A section of Montreal Road under the Highway 174 interchange will close nightly between 10 pm and 5:30 am from Tuesday, October 12 until Saturday, October 16. Signed detours will be present.
- Edgeworth Avenue between Lawn Avenue to Richmond Road will be closed until Sunday, October 31. Local access will be maintained.
- Adirondack Drive will close between Woodroffe Avenue and Domalatchy Place daily from 7 am to 5 pm until Friday, October 15.
- Byron Avenue will close between Woodland Avenue and Harcourt Avenue daily from 7 am to 5 pm, until Sunday, October 31.
- Byron Avenue will close between Lockhart Avenue and Sherbourne Road daily from 7 am to 5 pm, until Sunday, October 31.