Upcoming events and projects will have the following impacts on Ottawa traffic:
- Highway 416 – Beginning Friday, July 13 at 9 pm, the on-ramp from Westbound Fallowfield to Highway 416 Southbound will be closed to traffic for roadwork. The ramp will be closed until Monday July 16 at 6 am. Highway 416 South can be accessed by following the Detour Route D-1 signs.
- Beechwood Avenue – From Monday, July 16 to Sunday, July 29, Beechwood Avenue will be closed from Charlevoix Street to St. Charles Street. The work is required for relocation of an existing gas main that is in conflict with upcoming sanitary sewer replacement work. A signed detour will be in place to direct motorists and cyclists via Charlevoix Street, Barrette Street and St. Charles Street. Local access for vehicles, cyclists and pedestrians will be maintained. Bus stops within the construction area will be temporarily relocated and a signed bus detour will be in place.
- HOPE Volleyball Summerfest – On Saturday, July 14, there will be increased traffic in the Mooney’s Bay area. Additional parking restrictions are in effect for the Riverside Park South community. Please visit HOPE Volleyball Summerfest for more details.
- Bluesfest – Until the end of the festival on Sunday, July 15, Bluesfest will have the following traffic impacts:
- No parking on Wellington Street between Booth Street and Vimy Place
- No parking on north side of Wellington Street between Booth Street and Lett Street
In addition, the following roads will be closed nightly from 7 pm to 11:30 pm to allow for egress from Bluesfest:
- Wellington Street/Sir John A. Macdonald Parkway in both directions between Booth Street and Vimy Place
- Wellington Street/Sir John A. Macdonald Parkway in both directions between Vimy Place and Slidell Street
- Booth Street between Wellington Street and Albert Street
- Lebanese Festival – From Wednesday July 18 to Sunday, July 22, there will be increased traffic in the Riverside Park South community, with additional parking restrictions in effect. Please consult Ottawa Lebanese Festival for more details.
- Hunt Club Road – Beginning Friday, July 20 there will be intermittent lane closures on Hunt Club Road from Woodroffe Avenue to Merivale Road to accommodate road rehabilitation work (primarily milling and paving). The work is expected to continue to August 2018.
For more updates on the construction and road work activity across the city, or for information about traffic and travel planning, visit the City’s Traffic Report on ottawa.ca or follow the City’s traffic account on Twitter.