November 15, 2019
Announcements and Events
These upcoming projects and events will have the following impacts on Ottawa traffic:
- Albert and Bay streets – From Friday, November 15 at 7 pm until Sunday, November 17 at 10 pm, Albert Street will be closed between Lyon Street and Bronson Avenue, and Bay Street will be closed between Slater and Queen streets for the installation of a new gas main. Pedestrian access will be maintained. Cyclist can dismount and use the sidewalk
- Highway 417 – Until Thursday, November 21, Highway 417 will be reduced nightly to two eastbound lanes between Carling and Parkdale avenues. Reductions will be in place on weeknights from 10 pm to 8 am on weekdays and from 10 pm to 6 am on weekends for construction on the Harmer Avenue pedestrian bridge. The Parkdale Avenue off-ramp will remain open.
- Hazeldean Mall Kanata Santa Claus Parade – On Saturday, November 16 from 10 am until noon, the following roads will close for the Hazeldean Mall Kanata Santa Claus Parade:
- Castlefrank Rad between Terry Fox and Abbeyhill drives
- Abbeyhill Drive between Castlefrank Rad and Hazeldean Mall
- Terry Fx Drive between Winchester and Cope drives
- Help Santa Toy Parade – On Saturday, November 16 from 9:30 am until 2 pm, the following roads will close for the Help Santa Toy Parade:
- Laurier Avenue between Nichlas and Bank streets
- Bank Street between Laurier Avenue and Lansdwne Park
- Elgin Street between Albert and Glucester streets
- Secnd Avenue between Bank and Lyon streets
- Barrhaven Santa Claus Parade – On Sunday, November 17 from 3 until 8:30 pm, the following roads will close for the Barrhaven Santa Claus Parade:
- Strandherd Drive between Beatrice Drive and the Strandherd OC Transp Park and Ride.
- Chapman Mills Drive between Lngfields and Clearbrook drives
- Langrell Crescent between Bissett Way and Chapman Mills Drive
A list of upcoming Santa Claus parades is available on ottawa.ca.